View Single Post
prater
07-25-2009, 11:04 PM

Maynardism time.
After Jambi "I have a mission for everyone, look out for each other. How will you do that, pretend they are your roomates, and this is your new home. Everyone hold up your right hand so your palm faces the back of the room and repeat after me. Say don't scream "Welcome Home" (the venue goes silent) one, two, three "WELCOME HOME." " Stinkfist begins promptly.

Also after Jambi "Thank for coming, and thank you for being Texans, no really I'm a big fan. Sorry about the Alamo."

When they brought out the Tweak Bird drum set Maynard approached it and stared at it then walked around it, leaned over as if reading a license plate, pulled out a pad and wrote it a ticket which he placed on the high hat stand. When the drummer came out he said something about him being "Armed and Dangerous" then after the song he said "This is a handicap zone, get that shit out of here."

During Vicarious when Adams guitar malfunctioned EVERYTHING stopped, Justin walked to Maynard, Maynard said into the mic, "Adam broke his guitar...you do it." Then he sang the guitar part. When Adam came back his tech had to physically hold some inputs on his pedalboard together while he played, something must have shorted out. The distortion was also different when he came back I think they had to disconnect an effect or two. Adam had a short cord tonight, he kept pulling on it and walking to the end of it, then acted surprised when he ran out of slack. He tried to approach Justin during LK but couldn't make it for his guitar cord. Something must have been up with his stuff. Still no complaints the malfunction made it memorable.

Lateralus was everything it always has been, nothing short of amazing. Flood was my highlight, such an old song yet still so right!

When Maynard came out in his skivies I saw his tattoo on his back. It really made me kind of nostalgic seeing that tattoo, its so old school Maynard and really made my mind bridge the gap between past Maynard and current Maynard. Its still him just the 40 year old version, but its him and tonight he was in rare form... Thank you Maynard, Adam, Danny and Justin!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

Maynardism time.
After Jambi "I have a mission for everyone, look out for each other. How will you do that, pretend they are your roomates, and this is your new home. Everyone hold up your right hand so your palm faces the back of the room and repeat after me. Say don't scream "Welcome Home" (the venue goes silent) one, two, three "WELCOME HOME." " Stinkfist begins promptly.

Also after Jambi "Thank for coming, and thank you for being Texans, no really I'm a big fan. Sorry about the Alamo."

When they brought out the Tweak Bird drum set Maynard approached it and stared at it then walked around it, leaned over as if reading a license plate, pulled out a pad and wrote it a ticket which he placed on the high hat stand. When the drummer came out he said something about him being "Armed and Dangerous" then after the song he said "This is a handicap zone, get that shit out of here."

During Vicarious when Adams guitar malfunctioned EVERYTHING stopped, Justin walked to Maynard, Maynard said into the mic, "Adam broke his guitar...you do it." Then he sang the guitar part. When Adam came back his tech had to physically hold some inputs on his pedalboard together while he played, something must have shorted out. The distortion was also different when he came back I think they had to disconnect an effect or two. Adam had a short cord tonight, he kept pulling on it and walking to the end of it, then acted surprised when he ran out of slack. He tried to approach Justin during LK but couldn't make it for his guitar cord. Something must have been up with his stuff. Still no complaints the malfunction made it memorable.

Lateralus was everything it always has been, nothing short of amazing. Flood was my highlight, such an old song yet still so right!

When Maynard came out in his skivies I saw his tattoo on his back. It really made me kind of nostalgic seeing that tattoo, its so old school Maynard and really made my mind bridge the gap between past Maynard and current Maynard. Its still him just the 40 year old version, but its him and tonight he was in rare form... Thank you Maynard, Adam, Danny and Justin!
OFFLINE |