View Single Post
polyrythmic987
07-25-2009, 10:08 PM

13th tool show, good show not great by any means...same setlist as last tour basically. Felt that the energy was amazing during the first three songs then took a dive after that (46&2 and Stinkfist were awesome!) As far as Lateralus drum solo goes, ya I love drum solos as much as anyone but I miss the old version of Lateralus because that song was so perfect live and now it just seems like a deviation...with Triad it made sense to have a drum off but now it just seems like filler (Lost Keys-Rosetta-Lateralus drum off take up so much of the set now). I miss the Lateralus tour, not trying to be a downer but being real that's how I felt, was a great show but was hoping for a little more and wasn't how I used to feel leaving tool shows walking to my car...(and not having to pay $100 doing so)

Last edited by polyrythmic987; 07-25-2009 at 10:11 PM..
Old 07-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

13th tool show, good show not great by any means...same setlist as last tour basically. Felt that the energy was amazing during the first three songs then took a dive after that (46&2 and Stinkfist were awesome!) As far as Lateralus drum solo goes, ya I love drum solos as much as anyone but I miss the old version of Lateralus because that song was so perfect live and now it just seems like a deviation...with Triad it made sense to have a drum off but now it just seems like filler (Lost Keys-Rosetta-Lateralus drum off take up so much of the set now). I miss the Lateralus tour, not trying to be a downer but being real that's how I felt, was a great show but was hoping for a little more and wasn't how I used to feel leaving tool shows walking to my car...(and not having to pay $100 doing so)

Last edited by polyrythmic987; 07-25-2009 at 10:11 PM..
OFFLINE |