View Single Post
Illuminus's Avatar Illuminus
07-21-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkaboy View Post
i think this was actually one of danny's best performances that i've seen, every song had little fills that i've never heard before, not even last year.
I agree Danny was killin it.

Quote:
i admit that since this was the first tour since '98 that they wern't supporting a new album, they might change it up, maybe throw in a cover
EXACTLY. If this tour is about money, and it seems it is, they could have done it in a much less selifsh manner.

Quote:
p.s. this set was still far better than the gorge '06, with the exception of a stunning rendition of opiate.
The only thing that was better about this show than Gorge '06 were the visuals. Gorge '06 was fuckin amazing dude. Dope ass opener (ISIS) amazing outdoor setting and they all were so inspired and out there having a blast. It was clear that same energy was lacking at the SLC show 2 nights ago. I would have been as giddy as a school girl if they would have played the Gorge '06 set ....

Stinkfist
The Pot
46&2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Opiate
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

And I agree totally with you that the December 07 shows were fucking EPIIIIC. Saw em in Boise I think it was 10 days after Portland, and man was that a show. Tool at their peak if you ask me. Amazing shit.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #34
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

Quote:
i think this was actually one of danny's best performances that i've seen, every song had little fills that i've never heard before, not even last year.
I agree Danny was killin it.

Quote:
i admit that since this was the first tour since '98 that they wern't supporting a new album, they might change it up, maybe throw in a cover
EXACTLY. If this tour is about money, and it seems it is, they could have done it in a much less selifsh manner.

Quote:
p.s. this set was still far better than the gorge '06, with the exception of a stunning rendition of opiate.
The only thing that was better about this show than Gorge '06 were the visuals. Gorge '06 was fuckin amazing dude. Dope ass opener (ISIS) amazing outdoor setting and they all were so inspired and out there having a blast. It was clear that same energy was lacking at the SLC show 2 nights ago. I would have been as giddy as a school girl if they would have played the Gorge '06 set ....

Stinkfist
The Pot
46&2
Jambi
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Opiate
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

And I agree totally with you that the December 07 shows were fucking EPIIIIC. Saw em in Boise I think it was 10 days after Portland, and man was that a show. Tool at their peak if you ask me. Amazing shit.
OFFLINE |