View Single Post
merkaboy
07-21-2009, 11:44 AM

you ungreatful motherfuckers!!! this was my 18th TOOL show since '97 and it wasn't the greatest (that would be portland, dec. '07), but it was still absolutely incredible!!! maynard was a little hard to hear because of the arena, but all four were spot on! especially danny and adam, i think this was actually one of danny's best performances that i've seen, every song had little fills that i've never heard before, not even last year. maynard even seemed more animated than other times. he did bolt pretty quickly after he was done singing vicarious, which was wierd cause they always do the 4 way hug at the end. now, everyone's complaining about the setlist, and i admit that since this was the first tour since '98 that they wern't supporting a new album, they might change it up, maybe throw in a cover, but as soon as jambi started i got the feeling it was gonna be pretty much the same as last year. but goddamnit! i take what i can get! some of you people are getting waaaay too jaded. sure this would be i guess the 4th time i've seen pretty much this same set, but damnit i'd watch the exact same set EVERY SINGLE NITE before i go to bed, if i could. 50 dollars is a small price to pay for an experience like this, i dont care how many times you've seen it. by the way, they've pretty much ALWAYS done that with the set. it's only becaue i saw the laturalus tour 11 times that i got to see some varied songs, but the tours for the last three albums have been pretty much the same in that every show is pretty identicle within that tour, with the exception of 1 or 2 songs that vary occasionaly. believe me, i had this same complaint back in 2002, but i got over it because TOOL really is the greatest musical 4some to come together since cavemen started pounding bone against stretched animal hide during the dawn of man. they put on a more psychadelic, emotionaly intense show than ANYONE, even the great pink floyd couldn't touch the majesty that is TOOL. 46 & 2 was incredible one again, extended stinkfist is always awesome, schism (one of my least fav songs) is unbelievable toward the end! flood was indescribable, laturalus is always mind blowing and even vicarious had some new signs of life. everyone should do everything the can to see this band live as much as possible, i traveled across 3 states to see my 18th show for gods sake! and it was not a dissapointment in the least. they are still going strong, and more creative than ever. i predict that 10 years from now, they'll still be touring, still be putting out albums that are even more progressive than the one before, and they'll take their place in the rock and roll hall of fame.

p.s. this set was still far better than the gorge '06, with the exception of a stunning rendition of opiate.

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #33
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

you ungreatful motherfuckers!!! this was my 18th TOOL show since '97 and it wasn't the greatest (that would be portland, dec. '07), but it was still absolutely incredible!!! maynard was a little hard to hear because of the arena, but all four were spot on! especially danny and adam, i think this was actually one of danny's best performances that i've seen, every song had little fills that i've never heard before, not even last year. maynard even seemed more animated than other times. he did bolt pretty quickly after he was done singing vicarious, which was wierd cause they always do the 4 way hug at the end. now, everyone's complaining about the setlist, and i admit that since this was the first tour since '98 that they wern't supporting a new album, they might change it up, maybe throw in a cover, but as soon as jambi started i got the feeling it was gonna be pretty much the same as last year. but goddamnit! i take what i can get! some of you people are getting waaaay too jaded. sure this would be i guess the 4th time i've seen pretty much this same set, but damnit i'd watch the exact same set EVERY SINGLE NITE before i go to bed, if i could. 50 dollars is a small price to pay for an experience like this, i dont care how many times you've seen it. by the way, they've pretty much ALWAYS done that with the set. it's only becaue i saw the laturalus tour 11 times that i got to see some varied songs, but the tours for the last three albums have been pretty much the same in that every show is pretty identicle within that tour, with the exception of 1 or 2 songs that vary occasionaly. believe me, i had this same complaint back in 2002, but i got over it because TOOL really is the greatest musical 4some to come together since cavemen started pounding bone against stretched animal hide during the dawn of man. they put on a more psychadelic, emotionaly intense show than ANYONE, even the great pink floyd couldn't touch the majesty that is TOOL. 46 & 2 was incredible one again, extended stinkfist is always awesome, schism (one of my least fav songs) is unbelievable toward the end! flood was indescribable, laturalus is always mind blowing and even vicarious had some new signs of life. everyone should do everything the can to see this band live as much as possible, i traveled across 3 states to see my 18th show for gods sake! and it was not a dissapointment in the least. they are still going strong, and more creative than ever. i predict that 10 years from now, they'll still be touring, still be putting out albums that are even more progressive than the one before, and they'll take their place in the rock and roll hall of fame.

p.s. this set was still far better than the gorge '06, with the exception of a stunning rendition of opiate.

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
OFFLINE |