View Single Post
kanaduh
07-19-2009, 09:49 PM

Alrighty then..

Not sure where to begin for my review of tonights show. I suppose I should say that after having faith yesterday... I am terribly disapointed with the setlist. I don't want to start bitching right now. I can't stand whiney mother fuckers who can't appreciate what they have. Like many others on these forums, I would consider myself a very "passionate" fan. Take that for what you will. However, considering I am going to every show this tour - right now I am not as excited after day 2 than I was in the months leading up to the show.

Also, Utah can go fuck itself. Horrible experience all around for me.
I can't even fucking drink a COKE in the hotel bar after the show because i'm not 21? Sorry that 20 years and 8 months disqualifies me from drinking a fucking COKE... god-damn mother fuckers. land of the free my ass.

anyways, back to TOOL.

The entire night I was VERY excited waiting for "that song". I did not know what it was going to be, but there was going to be something. Pushit? The Cover? H? Parabola? ANYTHING I would have been happy with. Fuck, they could play twinkle twinkle little star and I'd still be shitting bricks.

But no. The same setlist as the entire 2007 tour, MINUS a 20 minute song, with no replacement. And no festival excuse tonight. Oh well.

That's the negative.

The positives:

-Tweak Bird. Hah.. interesting band.. very original I suppose. That drummer is definately impressive managing some decent drumming along with vocals.
-I was front row mosh pit against the rail on Justin's side. I saw the same single drum put on side stage that they used for the "extended" lateralus yesterday. I assumed this would be used at the same spot today for tweak bird's drummer. But it did not happen.
-Halfway through the show, about 4-5 security guards starting freaking out pointing at some chick taking professional pictures on the upper level behind the security tape. Turns out it was Adam's wife.
-They did a longer intermission than usual, and the band actually left the stage this time. Never seen that before.
-Lasers, Light show, videos epic as always. Bravo Junior and team. Thanks Junior for the brief talk after the show. You're a class act. See you at some point later in the tour.

Overall, I think the vibe for 90% of the venue was that this, like all TOOL shows, was fucking epicly amazing. It doesn't get any better.

However, for those of us "hardcore" fans, whatever that means, if anything... the setlist issue is far too profound to ignore at this point.

Over and out.
Bring on Phoenix.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

Alrighty then..

Not sure where to begin for my review of tonights show. I suppose I should say that after having faith yesterday... I am terribly disapointed with the setlist. I don't want to start bitching right now. I can't stand whiney mother fuckers who can't appreciate what they have. Like many others on these forums, I would consider myself a very "passionate" fan. Take that for what you will. However, considering I am going to every show this tour - right now I am not as excited after day 2 than I was in the months leading up to the show.

Also, Utah can go fuck itself. Horrible experience all around for me.
I can't even fucking drink a COKE in the hotel bar after the show because i'm not 21? Sorry that 20 years and 8 months disqualifies me from drinking a fucking COKE... god-damn mother fuckers. land of the free my ass.

anyways, back to TOOL.

The entire night I was VERY excited waiting for "that song". I did not know what it was going to be, but there was going to be something. Pushit? The Cover? H? Parabola? ANYTHING I would have been happy with. Fuck, they could play twinkle twinkle little star and I'd still be shitting bricks.

But no. The same setlist as the entire 2007 tour, MINUS a 20 minute song, with no replacement. And no festival excuse tonight. Oh well.

That's the negative.

The positives:

-Tweak Bird. Hah.. interesting band.. very original I suppose. That drummer is definately impressive managing some decent drumming along with vocals.
-I was front row mosh pit against the rail on Justin's side. I saw the same single drum put on side stage that they used for the "extended" lateralus yesterday. I assumed this would be used at the same spot today for tweak bird's drummer. But it did not happen.
-Halfway through the show, about 4-5 security guards starting freaking out pointing at some chick taking professional pictures on the upper level behind the security tape. Turns out it was Adam's wife.
-They did a longer intermission than usual, and the band actually left the stage this time. Never seen that before.
-Lasers, Light show, videos epic as always. Bravo Junior and team. Thanks Junior for the brief talk after the show. You're a class act. See you at some point later in the tour.

Overall, I think the vibe for 90% of the venue was that this, like all TOOL shows, was fucking epicly amazing. It doesn't get any better.

However, for those of us "hardcore" fans, whatever that means, if anything... the setlist issue is far too profound to ignore at this point.

Over and out.
Bring on Phoenix.