Thread: Maynard
View Single Post
ThreeDeviations's Avatar ThreeDeviations
07-19-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky
DISCLAIMER:i havent read this entire thread, i will after work, so if i repeat something or include something that was already resolved, dont worry about it, ill edit afterwards.

pilgrim, thats fine if you want to interperet the tool songs, obviously theres nothing wrong with that, but there is pretty much one general ocncept behind each song. theyre not as complex as everyone makes them out to be.

for example: schism about divison
the pot about being hypocritical
parabola about appreciating life
the grudge about letting go of a grudge

i think everyone can agree that those are the main concepts and ideas behind each of those songs. its when people get specific and begin combining things together that things become blurred. i read a post about the pot being hypocritical about a certain court case and one being about the use of drugs. so yeah there are a billion interpretations about what the songs are about but there is pretty much only one general idea behind each song. does that make sense?

thats how i see it anyways

Yeah, well said...

with, Rosetta Stoned being about FRUSTRATION....

and ASD, it's completely right.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:08 PM   #245
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
Re: Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky
DISCLAIMER:i havent read this entire thread, i will after work, so if i repeat something or include something that was already resolved, dont worry about it, ill edit afterwards.

pilgrim, thats fine if you want to interperet the tool songs, obviously theres nothing wrong with that, but there is pretty much one general ocncept behind each song. theyre not as complex as everyone makes them out to be.

for example: schism about divison
the pot about being hypocritical
parabola about appreciating life
the grudge about letting go of a grudge

i think everyone can agree that those are the main concepts and ideas behind each of those songs. its when people get specific and begin combining things together that things become blurred. i read a post about the pot being hypocritical about a certain court case and one being about the use of drugs. so yeah there are a billion interpretations about what the songs are about but there is pretty much only one general idea behind each song. does that make sense?

thats how i see it anyways

Yeah, well said...

with, Rosetta Stoned being about FRUSTRATION....

and ASD, it's completely right.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote