View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

yeah so I'm pumped as hell. I took my dad to the show. I don't know if anyone saw us I was the one wearing a pink floyd shirt that said "wish you were here" on the back.

Anyway Isis started a bit early and ended a bit late, I think they played 4 songs instead of 3. Amazing! just Amazing...............ly bad. I guess if your into your singer screaming his guts out the entire time for no reason then fine. Oddly he does have a pretty good voice when he actually trys to sing instead of scream. The head banging thing is pretty damn played in my opinion, you can be into your song without thrashing...

Anyway they ended and I got up and went into the main selling area. I was talking to my dad when some guy came up and started quizing me on floyd and was 100% certain that Pink floyd was still together..... keep dreaming.

We made our way back to our seats and the place started really filling up, even during Isis almost no one was there. Tool took the stage, no words, just launched stinkfist (maynards leg lifted and everything). People were throwing crap on the stage and appearantly some idiot felt it was a good idea to peg a water bottle at maynard, great job dick, we lost the last of The Pot and 46&2. I saw the net of lights raising in the back ground and I knew they had Lateralus comin. Breath taking song. After that they had a long interlude at which point I saw maynard get behind the keyboard and I thought wings was surely to come based on the mood of the sounds. Nope, Vicarious, again, fun but I was kinda worried. Then maynard started talking about how they always play LA before phoenix and that LA gets them sick. He finished by saying "I have a solution to that!" I knew it was Aenima time. He also said good night, dead serious to us (after all i thought they made it short because they were sick). To which i started pleading as loud as I could for wings. When they started laying down on the stage I knew.... this show isn't over. He said that he would play one more and I know that had to be Wings 1 and 2. People in my section started leaving which kinda broke the mood for me but it was awesome. Then they hugged for a while and exit tool.

I have a few complaints. First off maynard was muddy as hell. Even in the last part of wings where there is hardly any music being played you could barely make it out. The guitar in my opinion was way dominate. I don't know if they dropped his volume because he way sick or where the sound guy was sleeping but I was pretty close to the middle and it shouldn't have been that bad.

I think it was 2 girls behind me. I have never heard screams like that. I have heard loud screams (I was one of them), I have heard odd screams, short screams, long screams, funny screams. But never have I encountered people screaming to see who could make my ears bleed first. They didn't do it during the songs mostly but every time the end came I got this ear piercing, there is a knife sticking out of my back, I'm about to shatter this crystal, scream. Though I could deal with it by covering my ears I'll ask you ladies to do the people in front of you a favor, when you scream just drop the pitch a little bit. Make it as loud as you want, no problem, just drop the pitch.

Danny was amazing tonight. My dad just kept on saying "my ear is hearing one thing and I'm watching another, how is this guy doing this?" Danny for me was the best part, bar none.

The set list was short no Right in Two/ Opiate.

I went to the gammage show and this show. Gammage sound quality was leagues better then this one BUT danny sounded and looked much more aggressive tonight then Gammage. I would say overall that gammage was my fav show BUT this one had it's highlights to.

Oh yeah and don't let anyone put the stage down. I was skeptical but that was erased easy. Would it be nice to have a huge screen behind them? sure, but there were screens to the sides that were pretty big and I found myself not paying attention to them all that much. The stage was quite perfect.

No mention of them coming back again.... if you do come by again Tool, catch us first. LA seems to give you problems. ;) thanks Tool

Last edited by begmetostay; 09-10-2006 at 12:25 AM..
OFFLINE |