View Single Post
dmoreau3000
07-03-2010, 09:00 AM

I didnt go to this show but I was at the New Orleans show on the June 19th. It was phenominal to say the least. About Dalek, I obviously didnt hear them live but from all the comments they were probably terrible live. I did however check out their studio stuff and it is actually pretty bad ass. Tool introduced me to isis and meshugga(?) who i really like, especially isis. Kinski is pretty cool, trans am has some good songs but are a little too avant gard for my taste. The point is, Tool is going to introduce you too different bands they like or think are interesting. Just because you like tool it doesnt mean you are going to love every band that opens for them. Or maybe they pick bands to open for them that they think will make them sound even better!, haha.
Anyway, I used to be the kid moshing in the pit and never realized the awesome songs I heard them play until now when i have gone back and looked at old set lists. Enjoy Tool while you can, there next tour may be the last one we will get to experience. Hopefully some of these new groups they bring along will take the reigns and take us further into that place where everything makes sense. IMO, Tool picked up where Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd left off beautifully. It's almost time for somebody else to step up to the plate.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

I didnt go to this show but I was at the New Orleans show on the June 19th. It was phenominal to say the least. About Dalek, I obviously didnt hear them live but from all the comments they were probably terrible live. I did however check out their studio stuff and it is actually pretty bad ass. Tool introduced me to isis and meshugga(?) who i really like, especially isis. Kinski is pretty cool, trans am has some good songs but are a little too avant gard for my taste. The point is, Tool is going to introduce you too different bands they like or think are interesting. Just because you like tool it doesnt mean you are going to love every band that opens for them. Or maybe they pick bands to open for them that they think will make them sound even better!, haha.
Anyway, I used to be the kid moshing in the pit and never realized the awesome songs I heard them play until now when i have gone back and looked at old set lists. Enjoy Tool while you can, there next tour may be the last one we will get to experience. Hopefully some of these new groups they bring along will take the reigns and take us further into that place where everything makes sense. IMO, Tool picked up where Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd left off beautifully. It's almost time for somebody else to step up to the plate.
OFFLINE |