View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 05:49 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/22 - Dublin, IRL - The Point

This was my fourth Tool gig and I reckon it was the best. Saw them in Glasgow and it was class but didn't compare to the Point at all. Incredible light show, great setlist-highlights for me were Wings for Marie and The Pot as it was the first time I had heard them live. The sound was great from my spot.
Seats were great, front row centre, balcony. Have had standing tickets to previous gigs but as mentioned by a few people, drunken metal fans can be irritating. This happens at any heavy gigs, there's always the hairy contingent that view a gig as an excuse to get hammered mid week and beat each other up. It can't be helped unfortunately. Hence, balcony!
I feel sorry for those whose cameras and phones were confiscated as I could see clearly that there were hundreds of phones etc being used. They were flashing all night. Saying that I think that if four people are gonna get up and put 100% into entertaining a crowd, then they can pretty much demand what they want. The show those guys put on should be enough. The thought of taking a photo didn't cross my mind, I was completely mesmerised by the band.
Tool, legend! See you next time.

P.S. Mastodon weren't bad, they just don't have the levels of contrast. Everything played at the same tempo, this tempo being loud and fast. Nuff said.
OFFLINE |