View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #26
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200
Re: 2006/11/22 - Dublin, IRL - The Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangent View Post
Thought Mastodon weren't great really, heard some of their stuff and gave them a chance live, but was pretty bored really...

This was my second time seeing Tool, I saw them at Download in June and I think they played miles better even although I was quite impressed the first time! I danced like a maniac for the whole thing after queuing since about 1 or 2pm, I still had the energy somehow, worth the wait also! Had a great view where I was and room to move. At the end when the band were applauding and making the rock on sign at the audience I got two people to lift me up and made the peace sign... Don't know if it was coincidence or not but Maynard made the peace sign right after (it's totally a better sign). Sound was incredible, visuals, everything. Only complaint is when Maynard mentioned Judith Maries birthday some inbeciles behind me somewhere started (drunkenly it seemed) to sing happy birthday... *flinch* Saw Maynard shake his head at that, hope you can't hear it on the recording :\ Lazers were more amazing than I expected.
I wasn't mad into 10,000 days when it came out but since Download I enjoyed it and now I like it even more... Well done to the band! Look forward to next summer.
I enjoyed them much more at download. I was dissapointed in the Dublin show because:

A) The crowd were drunk, obnoxious, tall and very hair for the most part. They did things like TALK OVER 10,000 days! and wave their long, greasy hair in my face.

B)the Security SUCKED even more. Bunch of cunts. I got sick of watching fucking security guys walk through the crowd, unbelieveable. I'd be watching the show then some cunt would shine a torch right next to me. Highly fucked up.

C) The sound seemed alittle off at times(I think it was the venue). At download it was crystal clear from the very beginning.

D)It took a fucking age to get in because of those cunts taking the cameras.

E)Less Maynard jokes, although the one he did was golden.

Funny how all these negative things are completely out of the bands hands, isn't it?

Tool rocked. All the fills were perfect, the 46&2 solo kicked my ass, the Jambi solo owned. Maynard sang NOTE PERFECT! Most of the songs completely blew me away, but c'mon, clapping during wings for marie? Get a grip!

I avoid cliches like the plague.
OFFLINE |