View Single Post
Sequoia225
07-21-2010, 10:32 AM

Finally getting to my comments......

What to say about this amazing night? - nice to have nearly front row center after all the LA ticketmaster fiasco with getting nearly front row for Wed , then TM saying to me all dates are getting refunded and the sale was a mistake - then they arent getting refunded - then Wed is on, then its cancelled - then theres a presale for Wed ticketholders to exchange to Sun or Mon, and all that came up was way in the back - until 40 minutes of me trying over and over and then nearly front row!!!! I swear I aged 5 years in those few weeks after that mistaken LA Nokia onsale mess.

but one thing I have to say above all else about tonight - esp since I expected the setlist for LA night 1 to be the same as the other 2 shows I saw in Seattle and San Diego............

RIGHT....... IN......... MOTHERFUCKINGCHRISTTHISSONGLIVEISALMOSTBETTERTHANS EX.....TWO!!!

(I said ALMOST)

YES Id really like to see Wings again as Im not sure anything they do live tops that, but but Right in Two is about as great live. Danny is ridiculous for this song. Maynards vocals for it were very loud and clear Esp during the "Fight till they die...over...." section. It was loud and clear and very powerful. This song is an amazing piece of writing with a great theme lyrically. This song this night was really the top moment for me of the 4 shows I saw.

Flood was also unexpected and REALLY REALLY fucking rocked.

Funny to see the comments here now after seeing the second night - now that they DID play Intension the second night - and played a 2nd different setlist from the majority of the shows.

The drum battle was excellent as it has been - and Maynard's arrow on paper pointing whose turn it was to show off, then leading to the 6-9 scoring and I laughed when he put up the "WTF?" on one sign and the "!#@%" on the other sign. Didnt catch what he said to to the Rajas drummer when he came on stage. something regarding that he was gonna read the paper till the solo was over which he did - but I didnt catch what he said. Still laughing though at the comments in a previous show where he said "let the drum faggotry begin!"

Its great to watch Danny and that other guy play off each other - that must be a blast for both of them.

And yes - as said before, that gong hit in Lateralus is in my head with anticipation during the whole song every time. Hell - I find myself watching Danny more than the anything else. Its amazing how much it seems like there should be 2 or 3 people playing all that he gets out of his arms and legs. Even the little bell roll at the start and middle of Vicarious - hes holding it seamlessly with the stick in his mouth while starting the main drum part. Theres so much of the electronic sounds they could just run along with the track but Danny is always back there finding a way to play it out with his parts.

sigh....its Wednesday and Im still reeling from these shows on Sun and Mon at Nokia

Only one thing was missing for me tonight - but nothing I can do about that.

Oh, and...............

RIGHT IN FUCKINGYESIMGONNASAYITAGAIN TWO!!!

Thank you Tool for doing that one on ONE of the LA dates......

Now lets see if Wings can make an appearance next time around??

Whatever - Im happy with what they played all around - but next time I DO think Im gonna NOT look at the setlists ahead of time - cause nothing was more exciting than on these 2 LA dates hearing them play something I wasnt expecting.

Last edited by Sequoia225; 07-21-2010 at 10:35 AM..
Old 07-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.18.2010 - Los Angeles, CA @ Nokia Theater

Finally getting to my comments......

What to say about this amazing night? - nice to have nearly front row center after all the LA ticketmaster fiasco with getting nearly front row for Wed , then TM saying to me all dates are getting refunded and the sale was a mistake - then they arent getting refunded - then Wed is on, then its cancelled - then theres a presale for Wed ticketholders to exchange to Sun or Mon, and all that came up was way in the back - until 40 minutes of me trying over and over and then nearly front row!!!! I swear I aged 5 years in those few weeks after that mistaken LA Nokia onsale mess.

but one thing I have to say above all else about tonight - esp since I expected the setlist for LA night 1 to be the same as the other 2 shows I saw in Seattle and San Diego............

RIGHT....... IN......... MOTHERFUCKINGCHRISTTHISSONGLIVEISALMOSTBETTERTHANS EX.....TWO!!!

(I said ALMOST)

YES Id really like to see Wings again as Im not sure anything they do live tops that, but but Right in Two is about as great live. Danny is ridiculous for this song. Maynards vocals for it were very loud and clear Esp during the "Fight till they die...over...." section. It was loud and clear and very powerful. This song is an amazing piece of writing with a great theme lyrically. This song this night was really the top moment for me of the 4 shows I saw.

Flood was also unexpected and REALLY REALLY fucking rocked.

Funny to see the comments here now after seeing the second night - now that they DID play Intension the second night - and played a 2nd different setlist from the majority of the shows.

The drum battle was excellent as it has been - and Maynard's arrow on paper pointing whose turn it was to show off, then leading to the 6-9 scoring and I laughed when he put up the "WTF?" on one sign and the "!#@%" on the other sign. Didnt catch what he said to to the Rajas drummer when he came on stage. something regarding that he was gonna read the paper till the solo was over which he did - but I didnt catch what he said. Still laughing though at the comments in a previous show where he said "let the drum faggotry begin!"

Its great to watch Danny and that other guy play off each other - that must be a blast for both of them.

And yes - as said before, that gong hit in Lateralus is in my head with anticipation during the whole song every time. Hell - I find myself watching Danny more than the anything else. Its amazing how much it seems like there should be 2 or 3 people playing all that he gets out of his arms and legs. Even the little bell roll at the start and middle of Vicarious - hes holding it seamlessly with the stick in his mouth while starting the main drum part. Theres so much of the electronic sounds they could just run along with the track but Danny is always back there finding a way to play it out with his parts.

sigh....its Wednesday and Im still reeling from these shows on Sun and Mon at Nokia

Only one thing was missing for me tonight - but nothing I can do about that.

Oh, and...............

RIGHT IN FUCKINGYESIMGONNASAYITAGAIN TWO!!!

Thank you Tool for doing that one on ONE of the LA dates......

Now lets see if Wings can make an appearance next time around??

Whatever - Im happy with what they played all around - but next time I DO think Im gonna NOT look at the setlists ahead of time - cause nothing was more exciting than on these 2 LA dates hearing them play something I wasnt expecting.

Last edited by Sequoia225; 07-21-2010 at 10:35 AM..
OFFLINE |