View Single Post
Tracie
07-27-2009, 04:52 PM

First of all, this was the best Tool show for me, ONLY because my cherry was popped the previous night in San Antonio. For the SA show, our seats were in the plaza level, not too far away, but enough to make the experience make me crave for more. We bought our Dallas tickets first and by the luck of *insert what you believe here*, got Pit tix 25 minutes after they went on sale. Things that made this show awesome for me:

1. It was my birthday.
2. The smaller size of venue.
3. Was against the rail, dead center between Adam and Justin, Maynard and Danny just a few feet away from me.
4. I had missed Aenima at the SA show due to having to piss so bad, so I got to hear it this time and loved it.
5. Maynard seemed to hide alot in SA, in Dallas, he was very out in the "open" and seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself.

Yes the set list was the same, but who cares? They still put on a great show and the crowd was totally into it. My only gripes were very personal ones. After a security guard accidentally crushed me while trying to restrain some crazy bitch behind me, things were ok. Thanks to the two boys around me who repeatedly asked if I was ok. I was, just a little pissed that my experience had to be interrupted by someone who didn't know how to act.
At the end of the show, Danny threw his drumsticks out and one got deflected onto the floor. Luckily that security guard from earlier remembered me and handed it straight to me. So now I have Danny's splintering stick and proof of the best birthday I've ever had.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...82_2957161.jpg

On a different note, does anyone know the best way to display this?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

First of all, this was the best Tool show for me, ONLY because my cherry was popped the previous night in San Antonio. For the SA show, our seats were in the plaza level, not too far away, but enough to make the experience make me crave for more. We bought our Dallas tickets first and by the luck of *insert what you believe here*, got Pit tix 25 minutes after they went on sale. Things that made this show awesome for me:

1. It was my birthday.
2. The smaller size of venue.
3. Was against the rail, dead center between Adam and Justin, Maynard and Danny just a few feet away from me.
4. I had missed Aenima at the SA show due to having to piss so bad, so I got to hear it this time and loved it.
5. Maynard seemed to hide alot in SA, in Dallas, he was very out in the "open" and seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself.

Yes the set list was the same, but who cares? They still put on a great show and the crowd was totally into it. My only gripes were very personal ones. After a security guard accidentally crushed me while trying to restrain some crazy bitch behind me, things were ok. Thanks to the two boys around me who repeatedly asked if I was ok. I was, just a little pissed that my experience had to be interrupted by someone who didn't know how to act.
At the end of the show, Danny threw his drumsticks out and one got deflected onto the floor. Luckily that security guard from earlier remembered me and handed it straight to me. So now I have Danny's splintering stick and proof of the best birthday I've ever had.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...82_2957161.jpg

On a different note, does anyone know the best way to display this?
OFFLINE |