View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 08:10 AM   #88
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 3
Re: Expectations of live shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrunzset
I believe the Tshirt I have of the "Inside the Outside Tour" (the startup mini tour) had a Seattle date on it... I'd have to double check when it gets out of the laundry lol. But I was at the two Berkeley shows, and they were in a college theater, which was pretty cool. At the time it was damned exciting to see them in such an intimate venue, but when I went to subsequent shows later on in the tour... well, compared to their later shows, the Berkeley shows sucked. No video screens, no Alex Grey backdrops, and they just didn't have the musical and technical formula down right yet. Don't get me wrong, it fuckin' rocked to no end, but it's indescribable to be there when they extended Schism and Lateralus to the synched-lights and video images.

Again, I say they accomplished in the Lateralus tour to do to the eyes what they do to the ears. I want my goddamned live DVD so bad.

Ack, I'm all nostalic right now, watching a bootleg of that absolutely beautiful tour. I can't fathom how they're gonna top themselves this time... but I know they're gonna.
You are correct. If memory serves, it was the second show of the tour after Anchorage, AK. I was at the 5th or 6th show in Billings, MT.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote