View Single Post
The_Naked_Stalk's Avatar The_Naked_Stalk
03-03-2004, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirk
Very cool thread.

The scale is called a Jazz minor or Locrian #2nd. It is the same as C Major but with an Eb or Locrian with a # second. Also the same as the ascending melodic minor, bet that was what you were thinkin of Reed.
p.s. go check the mail

Here's mine
If I play G Mixolydian against F, what scale am I actualy palying?
What do you mean by that? THe way I see it, you're either playing G Mixolydian or you're not. If you played the same notes of a G Mixolydian scale but you used F as the tonic, you would be actually playing in Lydian. Is this what you mean?

If I'm right then my question will be: Give the fixed chromatic solfege for a Bb Melodic Minor Scale.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:14 AM   #19
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16
Re: The music theory game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirk
Very cool thread.

The scale is called a Jazz minor or Locrian #2nd. It is the same as C Major but with an Eb or Locrian with a # second. Also the same as the ascending melodic minor, bet that was what you were thinkin of Reed.
p.s. go check the mail

Here's mine
If I play G Mixolydian against F, what scale am I actualy palying?
What do you mean by that? THe way I see it, you're either playing G Mixolydian or you're not. If you played the same notes of a G Mixolydian scale but you used F as the tonic, you would be actually playing in Lydian. Is this what you mean?

If I'm right then my question will be: Give the fixed chromatic solfege for a Bb Melodic Minor Scale.