View Single Post
The_Naked_Stalk's Avatar The_Naked_Stalk
02-29-2004, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OftenLost
Ok, lets see if anyone in here is theory adept.

The game goes: one person ask a theory related question, whoever answers gives the next question. Simple enough.

I'll start with an easy one: What chord is the second inversion of a major triad?
Umm...... inverting a chord doesn't change the harmony, there guy. It's still a major triad. A second inversion tonic chord is often used as a decoration of the V chord (but this is true in major and minor keys). Is this what you're refering to? If not what are you refering to? Do you want the notation? If so then it would be an upper case Roman Numeral followed by a: 6

Maybe I should start this... Although I can't say that I really like this idea for a game.

Anyway, here's my trivia question. How does the seventh degree of a V7 chord typically resolve?
Old 02-29-2004, 07:59 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 16
Re: The music theory game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OftenLost
Ok, lets see if anyone in here is theory adept.

The game goes: one person ask a theory related question, whoever answers gives the next question. Simple enough.

I'll start with an easy one: What chord is the second inversion of a major triad?
Umm...... inverting a chord doesn't change the harmony, there guy. It's still a major triad. A second inversion tonic chord is often used as a decoration of the V chord (but this is true in major and minor keys). Is this what you're refering to? If not what are you refering to? Do you want the notation? If so then it would be an upper case Roman Numeral followed by a: 6

Maybe I should start this... Although I can't say that I really like this idea for a game.

Anyway, here's my trivia question. How does the seventh degree of a V7 chord typically resolve?