View Single Post
dj_osiris69
07-15-2007, 09:07 AM

What a great show! I splurged on tickets and ended up in the 4th row dead center. This is my second show from such a vantage point (I was up close at the orpheium show as well).

My friend and I are from CT. We stayed at the Manfield Holiday. We noticed 4 really nice buses in the hotel. Might have been the band or not...

Learning from my last tweeter center experience, we showed up incredibly early and saw the whole big business set. I didnt really care for them too much. The drummer is really talented. Some of his playing was over powering for the type of style they have as a collective.

During the BB set, one could look through the openings in the black curtain to see Danny and Justin periodically check out the set from backstage.

The BB set finished and they pulled the cover from Danny's drum kit. It was the paiste cymbal set. Soooo nice. I saw this set during the Lateralus tour, but not this close. One could see all the groves in the shells. He did not have his monkey figure on the hi hat stand. It look like it may have been placed on Maynard's korg during the set.

One notices a bunch of things being that close. The band had 4 plants on stage. I never noticed this before. On the right side of Adam's amps is a big cut out picture of Danny's face, lol. The middle lighting truss has Danny's geometric shapes in the middle of the bottom side. A black light would like this up during the set. During the snare drum breakdown in Rosetta Stoned, he stared up directly at the symbol.

You can also see the expressions on the band members faces very clearly. They were definately having a great time on stage. Danny had an ice pack on his arm, but he made it through the set with no problems. He did drop a stick or loose focus at the beginning of Rosetta Stoned. The band was waiting for him.

Justin chugged 4 beers during the drum solo. He had 3 stella's and one brown bottled beer. I couldn't see the label as I was leaving.

At 1:30 AM, my friend and I ran to the mansfield stop and shop. We ran into big business but no tool members unfortunately.

I had a great time at th show and definately look foward to the next one. Spiral out.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 AM   #70
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center

What a great show! I splurged on tickets and ended up in the 4th row dead center. This is my second show from such a vantage point (I was up close at the orpheium show as well).

My friend and I are from CT. We stayed at the Manfield Holiday. We noticed 4 really nice buses in the hotel. Might have been the band or not...

Learning from my last tweeter center experience, we showed up incredibly early and saw the whole big business set. I didnt really care for them too much. The drummer is really talented. Some of his playing was over powering for the type of style they have as a collective.

During the BB set, one could look through the openings in the black curtain to see Danny and Justin periodically check out the set from backstage.

The BB set finished and they pulled the cover from Danny's drum kit. It was the paiste cymbal set. Soooo nice. I saw this set during the Lateralus tour, but not this close. One could see all the groves in the shells. He did not have his monkey figure on the hi hat stand. It look like it may have been placed on Maynard's korg during the set.

One notices a bunch of things being that close. The band had 4 plants on stage. I never noticed this before. On the right side of Adam's amps is a big cut out picture of Danny's face, lol. The middle lighting truss has Danny's geometric shapes in the middle of the bottom side. A black light would like this up during the set. During the snare drum breakdown in Rosetta Stoned, he stared up directly at the symbol.

You can also see the expressions on the band members faces very clearly. They were definately having a great time on stage. Danny had an ice pack on his arm, but he made it through the set with no problems. He did drop a stick or loose focus at the beginning of Rosetta Stoned. The band was waiting for him.

Justin chugged 4 beers during the drum solo. He had 3 stella's and one brown bottled beer. I couldn't see the label as I was leaving.

At 1:30 AM, my friend and I ran to the mansfield stop and shop. We ran into big business but no tool members unfortunately.

I had a great time at th show and definately look foward to the next one. Spiral out.
OFFLINE |