View Single Post
CaseLogic
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM

I don't think "they" would make sense in "Like the time they floated away". I made a post about it earlier in this thread, but I'll type it out again.

If he were to say "like the time they floated away" - it wouldn't make any sort of syntactical or logical sense. If you're going to use a pronoun, you have to have a subject for that pronoun.

If I were talking about my friend, and he were to say "Wow that tastes good" and I were to say "yeah, like the time they floated away" - he would go wtf for two reasons. One, that response doesn't even relate (and hence my both sucks and also makes a point), and also he'd be like "who the fuck is 'they'". Aside from that, I hear a 'v' which supports Dave anyway.

Just my 2 cents
Old 07-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #867
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: 08 - Rosetta Stoned lyrics

I don't think "they" would make sense in "Like the time they floated away". I made a post about it earlier in this thread, but I'll type it out again.

If he were to say "like the time they floated away" - it wouldn't make any sort of syntactical or logical sense. If you're going to use a pronoun, you have to have a subject for that pronoun.

If I were talking about my friend, and he were to say "Wow that tastes good" and I were to say "yeah, like the time they floated away" - he would go wtf for two reasons. One, that response doesn't even relate (and hence my both sucks and also makes a point), and also he'd be like "who the fuck is 'they'". Aside from that, I hear a 'v' which supports Dave anyway.

Just my 2 cents
OFFLINE |