View Single Post
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
09-07-2006, 03:28 AM

ShiningOne,

You have explained Tool's message well and your observations of young listener's interpretations of it are accurate. And of course, the young will always come up with silly misinterpretations of things. Yes, one who believes that Tool are always right will inevitably get caught in their silly jokes. But in the end, the problem you have with them is that they are not Christian. I know, I know, that is completely wrong, I haven't listened to anything you said.... please, hear me out.

You, as intellectually reasonable as you are, have not done what you think you have done. The moment you declared that you were a Christian, you stopped questioning Christ's authority. Now, convinced that you have found truth, you have come to a conclusion. And as a result, you feel that anyone who leads others away from that same conclusion (whether they intend to or not) is being irresponsible.

I am not saying there is nothing of merit in the Bible, but it is clearly not truth. That is to say, it is not all lies either, but rather that it is a book. Truth does not write its name on the pages of a book, for truth is nameless and always changing.

Tool is the name of a band. Four men who like to play music together. They are as emotional as you and me and it turns out, they are fairly nice blokes. They want a better world with less suffering just like we do. But they can't be held responsible for the actions of those who choose to listen to they're music. At some point the responsibility needs to be placed on the listener. In my interpretation, that too is part of they're message.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:28 AM   #31
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157
Re: Tool and the Occult

ShiningOne,

You have explained Tool's message well and your observations of young listener's interpretations of it are accurate. And of course, the young will always come up with silly misinterpretations of things. Yes, one who believes that Tool are always right will inevitably get caught in their silly jokes. But in the end, the problem you have with them is that they are not Christian. I know, I know, that is completely wrong, I haven't listened to anything you said.... please, hear me out.

You, as intellectually reasonable as you are, have not done what you think you have done. The moment you declared that you were a Christian, you stopped questioning Christ's authority. Now, convinced that you have found truth, you have come to a conclusion. And as a result, you feel that anyone who leads others away from that same conclusion (whether they intend to or not) is being irresponsible.

I am not saying there is nothing of merit in the Bible, but it is clearly not truth. That is to say, it is not all lies either, but rather that it is a book. Truth does not write its name on the pages of a book, for truth is nameless and always changing.

Tool is the name of a band. Four men who like to play music together. They are as emotional as you and me and it turns out, they are fairly nice blokes. They want a better world with less suffering just like we do. But they can't be held responsible for the actions of those who choose to listen to they're music. At some point the responsibility needs to be placed on the listener. In my interpretation, that too is part of they're message.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote