View Single Post
shaolin's Avatar shaolin
09-04-2006, 10:11 PM

I question christianity because religion must be a construct of human minds. You know deep inside your reasoning brain that Jesus wasnt the son of god and that all the superstitious parts of the bible is only fiction. I can agree on one thing with the christians. Something propably have created the universe and if you want to call that force "God" then I to belivie in your god, but everything else in all religions is only people trying to make sense of the world and everything around them. I am no marxist but I can truly agree in the notion that religion is the opiate of the people.

People in the states and many parts of the world is scared of muslim extremist... Well, christian extrimests isnt any better they only use other means than the muslims, because they can. The extremists is just as crazy and intolerant with or without religion! It isnt religion thats the problem, its the people. Just to clarify one thing; Im not saying that religion is bad.

I belive more in philosophy than religion because it is more true to itself. It doesnt pretend to be anything else than human ideas and toughts. Tool seem to do a lot of thinking and for my part Tools greatest messages is: "question authority, think for yourself" and "Open your third eye". Both statements conveing the ideas that you shouldnt believe everything people tell you. These two statements are constantly beeing used in this message board :-)
Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tool and the Occult

I question christianity because religion must be a construct of human minds. You know deep inside your reasoning brain that Jesus wasnt the son of god and that all the superstitious parts of the bible is only fiction. I can agree on one thing with the christians. Something propably have created the universe and if you want to call that force "God" then I to belivie in your god, but everything else in all religions is only people trying to make sense of the world and everything around them. I am no marxist but I can truly agree in the notion that religion is the opiate of the people.

People in the states and many parts of the world is scared of muslim extremist... Well, christian extrimests isnt any better they only use other means than the muslims, because they can. The extremists is just as crazy and intolerant with or without religion! It isnt religion thats the problem, its the people. Just to clarify one thing; Im not saying that religion is bad.

I belive more in philosophy than religion because it is more true to itself. It doesnt pretend to be anything else than human ideas and toughts. Tool seem to do a lot of thinking and for my part Tools greatest messages is: "question authority, think for yourself" and "Open your third eye". Both statements conveing the ideas that you shouldnt believe everything people tell you. These two statements are constantly beeing used in this message board :-)