View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #60
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/13 - Chicago, IL - Auditorium Theatre

WOW all i can say is WOW. i had the best night of my life probably.....

i went down to the show by myself with 80 dollars and i was hoping to maybe get a ticket for face value or sneak in. i got there about 6 and i tried my hardest but could not find a ticket for 80 dollars or i couldnt find a good place to sneak in. its about 8:30 and i could hear them playing stinkfist from outside and im just standing there talking to another dude who didnt get in when a guy who works for the band comes up to me and this dude. he says in his australian accent " do you guys have tickets" i say no and after i say no he hands me an envelope with two ORCH E seats 406 and and 407. and inside the envelope was a backstage pass...the triangle one that said guest on it. i take one and the backstage pass and give the other ticket to this i guy i was talking to. so i get into the show and enjoyed the shit out of it..i was in total shock still and when i walked in they just started 46 and 2. i walking down to my seat screaming out the lyrics and i couldnt believe that this shit just happened to me. this shit never happens to me. i feel sorry for the people who paid 225 for a ticket from the scalpers because i guess this tour manager guy with an australian accent gave out a good amout of tickets for free. anyways, it was a great show all and all...its my second tool show and the new material is phenomenal live. right in two was fucking awesome. the little jam thing before vicarious i thought danny was gonna bust out ticks and leeches but i knew from the past setlists that it was gonna probably be vicarious which it was.
so the concert ends and i have the backstage pass and im gonna use it. i go back into the auditorium and a guy asks me "who do you know from the band" and i say "danny." he says "how do you know him" to which i reply "hey man, i dont know anyone from the band. i got this backstage pass outside with my ticket and i was just hoping to meet the band" he says he has to talk to his boss because the after show party was only for friends and family of the band. so he takes me backstage, up some stairs into this little room. i talk to him for a little bit and he tells me hes from texas and he gives me a setlist from the show. he leaves for a second to see if theres any chance i can get backstage and meet the band....when he comes back he says "sorry dude, i cant let you backstage because youre not friends or family and its strictly for friends and family." i totally understood and after getting in for free there is no way i could be dissappointed. so im walking out to leave the building and i see the australian guy in a small room and i yell " hey man thanks a lot. i appreciate what you did for me so much" and he goes "come here a second, i want you to meet someone" i walk towards this room and when i turn the corner standing there is ADAM JONES. i was in complete awe. he says to me "hope you enjoyed the show, sorry if maynard didnt sound good, hes sick" i said "it sounded awesome. thank you for letting me get to see you." then i tell him how i tried to get tickets and it sold out in 10 seconds and adam tells me that when he was younger he wanted to see a van halen show at rosemont and it sold out in 1 minute so he understood what it was like to be a little disappointed. i asked if the band was coming back and he said they will be back in august sometime after they tour japan and will be playing a bigger venue. i said "thats awesome i will for sure be there." after about three minutes of talking to adam i had to leave and i shook his hand and said thanks again for the great show. he then said "see you in the fall" and i replied "you bet" and then i walked out of the theatre and just still could not believe i was just talking to adam. and i knew none of my friends were gonna believe me.
all and all, i go down there with no ticket and just a positive attitude and i end up meeting adam and sitting about tenth row adam's side all for free( except the parking i paid for which was only 10 bucks,not bad for downtown.) i cant wait to see them again
OFFLINE |