View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #55
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/05 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center

First off I have been a Tool fan for many years now but unfortionately this was only my second Tool concert, first was at the Mullins Center in Amherst MA, for the 2002 lateralus tour. That first show I saw was just Phenominal, It was such an experience that I couldln't actually believe that it was real, i thought i was in a dream. They didn't play Third eye at that show, but we got D/R/T, seeing that live was just insane and i will never ever forget the emotions i had during and still have for that show.

As for this show, me and 2 buddies of mine arrived about 3 1/2 hours early and found a parking lot where we were allowed to grill up some food. We tailgated till about 7:45,
cooking up, drinking, listening to music, and best of all, shoing off those damn vultures trying to sell us T-shirts. We had one dude come up to us asking $20 for a shirt, till we told him that everyone else had them for $10, then my buddy proceeding to talk him down to a Yager bomb and 3 bucks, and the dude was gonna actually barder for that till we told him we didn't want his trash haha. Anyway we got into the civic center and found our seats. I was in section 104, Row V, Seat 8 (had on a black and grey 10,000 days shirt on). Less than 5 minutes later Isis came on. This was the first time i ever heard their music and i was impressed. When Tool came on me and my buddy to the right of me immediately started rocking out and were into it so much that i had security and a cop yell at me 3 or so times during the night. I don't know if it was just my seats or what, but just like some of you have said, The Bass was too loud and the lyrics were to low and i often had trouble hearing maynard. Overall I had a great time at this show, the visuals were cool....there was a guy in the bathroom handing out free hits of acid.....i'm sure there were alot of screwed up people just staring at the visuals. (No i didn't take any) Although i was feeling the music and was rocking out the hardest of anyone i saw in my area, this concert didn't leave me with the feeling that i was expecting to have like the one i had at the lateralus tour. I went into this concert with so much anticipation and have been looking forward to seeing these guys so much and after leaving the civic center, although feeling pumped up, i sort of felt incomplete and loath for more. I wish i had the time/funds to see multiple shows for this tour so i could have a first hand comparison for myslelf. I hope they come back for the spring of '07 so i can have a second chance to reinstill that undescribable feeling of pure sober exstacy that i receaved back in 2002.

Spiral Out!
OFFLINE |