View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #34
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by _J_A_Y_ View Post
I want to point out the obvious (but apparently not to some). Your experience at a Tool show is very subjective, I say this from the experience of nearly 30 live Tool concerts. Some people say the sound was worse this night or a certain band member was really on or off on that night. I have noticed the sound quality varies a lot depending on where you are - especially in an arena. To the guy up front: the sound isn't well balanced there, so if Adam was too loud, you should have moved back about 30 feet and get in the center. I remember going to a show on the last tour and thinking that Maynard was really on and then reading (maybe at Toolarmy?) that MJK had felt like he was terrible that night.
yeah, makes sense. my friend who had a seat said the sound mix was nearly perfect. when i moved to the sideline i heard Maynard much better (good thing i did, RS woulda been shit without that).

Justin's sound was so on though---the bass on The Pot was amazing.

I'll add a couple more notes that i remembered throughout the day...the best songs were Sober and Lateralus, they rocked the shit out of me. I love the way Justin plays Sober.

Also, when Danny hit his electric drumpad thingy with that intro noise for Stinkfist (but in the middle of the song) and they came back hard, that was pretty goddamned badass too.