View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #24
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccaceres View Post
from the moment they stepped on stage i felt a unifying connection with the arena and the band...
tool fucking blew my mind.
Nice review!

I want to point out the obvious (but apparently not to some). Your experience at a Tool show is very subjective, I say this from the experience of nearly 30 live Tool concerts. Some people say the sound was worse this night or a certain band member was really on or off on that night. I have noticed the sound quality varies a lot depending on where you are - especially in an arena. To the guy up front: the sound isn't well balanced there, so if Adam was too loud, you should have moved back about 30 feet and get in the center. I remember going to a show on the last tour and thinking that Maynard was really on and then reading (maybe at Toolarmy?) that MJK had felt like he was terrible that night.

Folks want to bitch a lot about the setlist: I say enjoy it, or don't come since you know what to expect. Somebody claimed Maynard didn't talk as much as usual (based on what they read in reviews) and I can assure that last night was exactly as much as he normally talks to the crowd. It's about the music folks, kick back and listen or jump around, watch some truly amazing musicians and take in some cool lights and video. :)

Last edited by _J_A_Y_; 09-04-2006 at 11:40 AM..
OFFLINE |