View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #21
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown12 View Post
I can tell you've never seen Tool before. Sorry you didn't like the show, but I'm not quite sure what you expected from them. Was Adam not banging his head enough or something? He's never really been into that. Maynard has never really been into the silly in-between song banter either.
i know that Adam never does anything. and i know that Maynard just sways. but seriously, Danny looked really pissed off until Lateralus, and except for the jams and a few select songs, i got the feeling that it was kind of like "the ol' 9 to 5" type of job for these guys.

and i read a lot of these show reviews, and i see a shitload of the shit that Maynard says, and he barely talked to us at all. the best thing he said was the rugby comment.

i'm going both ways here. the show blew me away (lateralus ripped my asshole right in two) but on the other hand...it felt kind of bland, and i was disappointed.

Quote:
Go see them again and next time don't get general admit tickets. Mosh pits are dumb and they will only impede your enjoyment of the show.
yeah, i hated the pit. but i moved over to the fence and i loved where i was, i got to chill on the fence and we had room to chill. the only thing i didn't like was that the screens were so damn low. i have NEVER been to any show where the visuals were even close to that low. it's like they decided that the people in the seats got the good show, and then told people on the floor to fuck off.

Last edited by hushypushy; 09-04-2006 at 10:40 AM..
OFFLINE |