View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 02:38 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

This show was great. I even enjoyed it as much as the Oakland minitour concert, but that's because I was front and almost center this time. Getting smashed and drenched in the sweat of myself and a ton of strangers sucks, but it was absolutely worth it.

To me the visuals and setlist were okay. I hadn't read about the new tour and was expecting something different, like some big, new mindblowing stage, but this was pretty much the same as the minitour. And I really wanted to hear Wings.. But that's fine, I just don't really care, because I got to see my favorite band live! I wasn't disappointed one bit. Lateralus was the pinnacle for me. Blew me away, as always. So did Aenema. I love those songs. Then after the show I finally got one of the big-assed posters and one of the girl-tee Tool shirts, both of which I was pissed I didn't buy at the minitour, so that made the day even better. I'm glad I didn't pay out the ass for one of those posters on ebay, which I considered for a second.

The show's already been pretty thoroughly described. I'm not sure what more to add, except that Maynard also ripped a page out of that bible he had, stuck it waaay down the back of his pants and wiped his ass with it, in addition to the already described attempt to light it. Then I think he sniffed the page, sneered and threw it down. And I enjoyed it when everyone flicked on their lighters during the break when the band was chilling on stage. It wasn't until that moment when I looked around that I realized how damned many people were there (no, I've obviously not been to a show there before). And I've heard MJK make that comment about rubbing up on other guys somewhere (a bootleg or another concert). Anyways, great show. Worth every bit of time and $$ it took to go! I want to go again! And what's with this Ninja? I didn't see him...
OFFLINE |