View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

right in two was probably the best (im not sure how danny is doing the little 'tabla' solo in it...is it sampled into his pads and he just hits that? i would love to see him actually play the tabla), jambi is great --- love the talk box solo. sober should be omitted from the setlist....how about hooker with a penis or H.?

rosetta stoned was also amazing, its such a dynamic and intricate song, its amazing to hear them nail it live. the only bad part about it was that you can't hear the best part of the song (and maybe even the best part of the entire record)...adam's wailing solo (kinda rainfall like effect) when maynard is singing "overwhelmed as one would be..." that part gives me chills....unfortunately it was inaudible, but other than that the sound was great.

i like the lasers, but they seem to clash with the lights on the string...seems like it should be one or the other...looks a little gaudy, but not as bad as i thought (from reading earlier reviews). disappointing though that the people on the floor can't see half the visuals...the screens behind the band are way too short, and people cannot get any view whatsoever of the images being projected onto the ground. hopefully they change it up for the next arena tour stint

isis made me a believer...im gonna check out their record(s?)

the part where the band sits on the riser for a bit is cool, they also huddled together at the end of the show and were all smiles coming out of it. seemed to be genuinely appreciative of the crowd

great show, my second time seeing them (much better experience than street scene bullshit),,,wish i was back home to see them in LA, but until next time!
OFFLINE |