View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:06 AM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/03 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Arena

This was my 27th Tool show, the fifth one on this tour, and the FIRST time I've ever seen/heard Right In Two live. That song is fucking awesome. It totally rocked my world. As my buddy put it, hearing that song live was eye opening. I think they should use it to close their shows instead of Aenima. It's powerful!

Also, the laser show is much better in an arena, and also better since I was in the center near the front (I was off to the side for Marysville and the Gorge). The lasers were especially cool for Vicarious when at one point they made a tight web of beams all across the arena. There must have been 200 beams split in the air over our heads. Very cool.

Maynard had a diamond studded gun-shaped belt buckle. I got a kick out of the ninja wearing black and red - he was in the pit in front of me. There was also a guy in the pit walking around with a Bible. The bible ended up on stage, and during their 5 minute break Maynard took Justin's lighter and tried unsuccessfully to light the Bible on fire.

I really enjoyed watching Danny do some nice cymbal work during Sober, I had never watched that before now. I just can't get over Right in Two, that should be playing that song at every show!!

Last edited by _J_A_Y_; 09-04-2006 at 12:09 AM..
OFFLINE |