Thread: New Album
View Single Post
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
03-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Double CD would be great, but I agree I can't imagine Tool ever going that route. I disagree however about what you call "filler".... Viginiti Tres, Lipan Conjuring, Ions, Mantra, Cesaro Summability, etc etc...are songs...and outstanding ones at that. Something doesn't have to follow your standard clef/measure/time sig yada yada construct to be classified as a song. Ambient is a genre all its own, and Tool dips into it quite well.
Yeah, some of those actually prepare the listener for the upcoming song, imo.
Like an intro i mean. For example "Eon Blue Apocalypse" flows really well into "The Patient".
Old 03-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #79
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635
Re: New Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Double CD would be great, but I agree I can't imagine Tool ever going that route. I disagree however about what you call "filler".... Viginiti Tres, Lipan Conjuring, Ions, Mantra, Cesaro Summability, etc etc...are songs...and outstanding ones at that. Something doesn't have to follow your standard clef/measure/time sig yada yada construct to be classified as a song. Ambient is a genre all its own, and Tool dips into it quite well.
Yeah, some of those actually prepare the listener for the upcoming song, imo.
Like an intro i mean. For example "Eon Blue Apocalypse" flows really well into "The Patient".