Thread: New Album
View Single Post
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
03-22-2008, 07:36 AM

There are some things i would like to see BEFORE a new Tool album.

1. The stuff Adam did with Robert Fripp, i want that to be released for god sakes!

2. There is a version of 21st Century Schizoid Man with MAYNARD doing the vocals. I shit you not, Fripp even blogged about it.

http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?a...r=3&entry=6933
"Jeff Fayman of Immediate Music has sent the latest mix of Schizoid Man (with Maynard Keenan on vocals) on MP3. This is a Beast."

3. A video for The Pot??? It can't be completely out of the question. They obviously (FINALLY) got past the problems with their CG crew for Vicarious.

4. A Live DVD and/or CD?? Although, well.... I mean it would be nice. It wouldnt even have to be a "traditional" DVD (or CD) ... I'm sure Tool could find some fresh, creative way to present a package of this nature. Salival was nice, but there really was no attempt to make the product itself groundbreaking or innovative. Who knows?

5. I think solo stuff from Danny WOULD be interesting.

6. Justin too.

7. And I personally dont mind what Maynard is doing with Puscifer. It's funny. Can't begin to stress how tired I am of short-sighted comments about Puscifer. Some people honestly can't take a joke.

That all being said........ NONE of it will happen. The next album will be released late 2009, or maybe early 2010 and they will tour until 2012. Final show will be in Cancun, Mexico on December 21 as we all cross the Galactic Equator and the Earth's mantle flips-a-bitch.

There I said it.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 AM   #77
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: New Album

There are some things i would like to see BEFORE a new Tool album.

1. The stuff Adam did with Robert Fripp, i want that to be released for god sakes!

2. There is a version of 21st Century Schizoid Man with MAYNARD doing the vocals. I shit you not, Fripp even blogged about it.

http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?a...r=3&entry=6933
"Jeff Fayman of Immediate Music has sent the latest mix of Schizoid Man (with Maynard Keenan on vocals) on MP3. This is a Beast."

3. A video for The Pot??? It can't be completely out of the question. They obviously (FINALLY) got past the problems with their CG crew for Vicarious.

4. A Live DVD and/or CD?? Although, well.... I mean it would be nice. It wouldnt even have to be a "traditional" DVD (or CD) ... I'm sure Tool could find some fresh, creative way to present a package of this nature. Salival was nice, but there really was no attempt to make the product itself groundbreaking or innovative. Who knows?

5. I think solo stuff from Danny WOULD be interesting.

6. Justin too.

7. And I personally dont mind what Maynard is doing with Puscifer. It's funny. Can't begin to stress how tired I am of short-sighted comments about Puscifer. Some people honestly can't take a joke.

That all being said........ NONE of it will happen. The next album will be released late 2009, or maybe early 2010 and they will tour until 2012. Final show will be in Cancun, Mexico on December 21 as we all cross the Galactic Equator and the Earth's mantle flips-a-bitch.

There I said it.