Thread: New Album
View Single Post
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
It would definitely be interesting to see how different they would sound with a different vocalist but Frank Zappa on vocals? I dunno. That's about as silly as damo suzuki on vocals. ;)
Well, Uncle Frankie kinda... talked more than sang, you know? For some songs that would work great, and who knows what the shit could come out of it. For Eulogy, take Zappa vocals from your favorite '/ONS song where his voice sounded suitably deep and picture that. Really, I thought Tool and Zappa weren't too far-removed from each other, generally speaking, but maybe you're right, might not work so well. As for other Zappa vocalists? Try to picture Ray White or Ike Willis singing a Tool song and not snort a little in delightful just... like you took five dried grams.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 336
Re: New Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
It would definitely be interesting to see how different they would sound with a different vocalist but Frank Zappa on vocals? I dunno. That's about as silly as damo suzuki on vocals. ;)
Well, Uncle Frankie kinda... talked more than sang, you know? For some songs that would work great, and who knows what the shit could come out of it. For Eulogy, take Zappa vocals from your favorite '/ONS song where his voice sounded suitably deep and picture that. Really, I thought Tool and Zappa weren't too far-removed from each other, generally speaking, but maybe you're right, might not work so well. As for other Zappa vocalists? Try to picture Ray White or Ike Willis singing a Tool song and not snort a little in delightful just... like you took five dried grams.