Thread: New Album
View Single Post
Schema's Avatar Schema
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
Damo Suzuki. Sure he's over the hill but nobody freaks out like that guy.
Heh.

Seriously though? Peter Garrett as Tool's new singer? Here's how you can judge what it would sound like:

Rip the vocals from the most brash, loud, psychotic Midnight Oil song you can find - I suggest Progress or Concrete - and dub them over Viginti Tres. Increase volume until the original tracks which form/ed Viginti Tres are on par with Prison Sex. That's how he'd sing on some of the middle-of-the-road-in-loudness songs - I'd think, anyway. Eulogy? Use the vocals from Return to Sender, which were accomplished by a megaphone on stage...

Maybe not such a good fit as I thought.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 336
Re: New Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
Damo Suzuki. Sure he's over the hill but nobody freaks out like that guy.
Heh.

Seriously though? Peter Garrett as Tool's new singer? Here's how you can judge what it would sound like:

Rip the vocals from the most brash, loud, psychotic Midnight Oil song you can find - I suggest Progress or Concrete - and dub them over Viginti Tres. Increase volume until the original tracks which form/ed Viginti Tres are on par with Prison Sex. That's how he'd sing on some of the middle-of-the-road-in-loudness songs - I'd think, anyway. Eulogy? Use the vocals from Return to Sender, which were accomplished by a megaphone on stage...

Maybe not such a good fit as I thought.