View Single Post
Thatsarealzinger's Avatar Thatsarealzinger
06-01-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvest Day View Post
Notes from the Hamilton Show:

- Maynards voice was spot on. He didn't seem to be phoning it in like many other shows I have seen in the past. It is as if he found a time machine to bring him back to 2001.

- Danny was his usual self. Meaning he is the best drummer I have ever seen....I have seen Tool 10+ times and Danny alone is worth the price of admission.

- I was of course let down when Vicarious started instead of Eulogy but after the first few notes I got over it and it sounded great, crowd was very into it.

- Percentage of the crowd that knew the following songs: Opiate 60%, Third Eye 30%, Sweat 10%.

- @Junior....lighting, lasers and video was perfect from my perspective. It has been amazing watching the evolution of the stage show over the past 18 years.

- Security was non-existent in the upper deck. It was as if they had a sign that said: "Smoking encouraged - Don't forget to take pictures and video to post online"

- It was refreshing after seeing so many identical Tool concerts to see 3 songs I have never seen live at the same show: Third Eye, Opiate and Sweat.

- Every time Schism starts at a live show I forget how powerful the end sounds live and I am always pleasantly surprised.

- I think they forget that they recorded an album called Undertow. But I don't want to complain about the setlist after a great show, that has been done already in excess.

- If you are even thinking of going to a show.....and knowing you will see basically the same thing you have seen so many times. Just get a ticket and go. Tool is one of the few bands you can see play the same songs over and over and still have an amazing experience.

- Maynard was really negative about "his country" and as he has said in the past he wants to stay in Canada a little longer. It was refreshing to hear him blame someone other than Trump for problems in the US.....During his "sermon" in Opiate he said that everyone is personally responsible. Thanks Rev. Manyard. This is necessary.

- Didn't buy a poster although they did sell out. They are the same from each show on this tour (besides a slightly different color) and for some reason I just can't into the insect image. I did buy a shirt though, $45 CDN seems to be the going rate for concert shirts these days.

- I will always miss Lateralus to end the show. When the entire band met in the middle and moved apart slowly was so unique and memorable. It is clearly the best way to end a Tool performance.

- Eulogy > Vicarious. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong ;)
Great notes!

Yes, when they closed with Lateralus in 2002 it was amazing. That being said, I'm cool with them dropping it for awhile as it's been played at every show I've seen since 2001. Can't fucking wait for The Grudge.... And I've never seen Third Eye, Sweat, or Opiate either... It's going to be epic On Monday night!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:41 AM   #5535
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvest Day View Post
Notes from the Hamilton Show:

- Maynards voice was spot on. He didn't seem to be phoning it in like many other shows I have seen in the past. It is as if he found a time machine to bring him back to 2001.

- Danny was his usual self. Meaning he is the best drummer I have ever seen....I have seen Tool 10+ times and Danny alone is worth the price of admission.

- I was of course let down when Vicarious started instead of Eulogy but after the first few notes I got over it and it sounded great, crowd was very into it.

- Percentage of the crowd that knew the following songs: Opiate 60%, Third Eye 30%, Sweat 10%.

- @Junior....lighting, lasers and video was perfect from my perspective. It has been amazing watching the evolution of the stage show over the past 18 years.

- Security was non-existent in the upper deck. It was as if they had a sign that said: "Smoking encouraged - Don't forget to take pictures and video to post online"

- It was refreshing after seeing so many identical Tool concerts to see 3 songs I have never seen live at the same show: Third Eye, Opiate and Sweat.

- Every time Schism starts at a live show I forget how powerful the end sounds live and I am always pleasantly surprised.

- I think they forget that they recorded an album called Undertow. But I don't want to complain about the setlist after a great show, that has been done already in excess.

- If you are even thinking of going to a show.....and knowing you will see basically the same thing you have seen so many times. Just get a ticket and go. Tool is one of the few bands you can see play the same songs over and over and still have an amazing experience.

- Maynard was really negative about "his country" and as he has said in the past he wants to stay in Canada a little longer. It was refreshing to hear him blame someone other than Trump for problems in the US.....During his "sermon" in Opiate he said that everyone is personally responsible. Thanks Rev. Manyard. This is necessary.

- Didn't buy a poster although they did sell out. They are the same from each show on this tour (besides a slightly different color) and for some reason I just can't into the insect image. I did buy a shirt though, $45 CDN seems to be the going rate for concert shirts these days.

- I will always miss Lateralus to end the show. When the entire band met in the middle and moved apart slowly was so unique and memorable. It is clearly the best way to end a Tool performance.

- Eulogy > Vicarious. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong ;)
Great notes!

Yes, when they closed with Lateralus in 2002 it was amazing. That being said, I'm cool with them dropping it for awhile as it's been played at every show I've seen since 2001. Can't fucking wait for The Grudge.... And I've never seen Third Eye, Sweat, or Opiate either... It's going to be epic On Monday night!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote