View Single Post
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
05-31-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsarealzinger View Post
and it's closer to current state of mind or level of maturity of the band (if that makes any sense.)
I don't think it does really. Don't you think they (particularly maynard) would deliberately choose songs that they (he) would feel are closer to their current state of mind? 10,000 days was 11 years ago. Not only has maynard stated in interviews he doesn't feel comfortable performing material that doesn't feel true to his current state of mind (referencing his statements about being eager to push the envelope with Aenima after touring heavily with Opiate/Undertow era material)... but if i recall correctly there was at least one interview or VIP session where Adam made mention that the new material was closer in spirit to Aenima era material than anything else. Perhaps maynard agrees and is attempting to channel that headspace he was in during that time period.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:07 PM   #5528
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsarealzinger View Post
and it's closer to current state of mind or level of maturity of the band (if that makes any sense.)
I don't think it does really. Don't you think they (particularly maynard) would deliberately choose songs that they (he) would feel are closer to their current state of mind? 10,000 days was 11 years ago. Not only has maynard stated in interviews he doesn't feel comfortable performing material that doesn't feel true to his current state of mind (referencing his statements about being eager to push the envelope with Aenima after touring heavily with Opiate/Undertow era material)... but if i recall correctly there was at least one interview or VIP session where Adam made mention that the new material was closer in spirit to Aenima era material than anything else. Perhaps maynard agrees and is attempting to channel that headspace he was in during that time period.