View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 04:21 AM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
*clap clap* Great post soul_excursion

I would just like to say, that post is great and is exactly the reason I post on this board, to read great ideas like that. I have never though about the connections between the movie and Aenima, but I think you are right on every count.

Here is why I think it’s possible for those two sources to jive so well. I think there are many paths to enlightenment, to suit the many personality types of people out there. I think god or (what ever name you want to give to that which is, everything there is) speaks to us through many ways. You can hear the path to enlightenment in song, a movie, listening to stream, in science class, or any way you can imagine. However, you only hear it when you are ready to. And the actual plan of the universe is so vast, that you can describe it a million different ways and be exactly right every time. I think people making the best movies and music are close to attaining higher levels of consciousness, and in a sense are all describing the same thing, and hopefully, we as fans are close to spiritual evolution, and that’s why we are drawn to material such as this.

Also, I agree with the ideas of collective consciousness people, and love looking at such things in a scientific light. Our brain works through electrical impulses, every time an electrical impulse moves through anything, it emits electromagnetic waves that continue forever, never completely dying out, just decreasing in strength. Also, electric magnetic waves exert a force on a moving charge. So every time you think, that thought is projected away from you and creates a force (although small) on the axons in my brain. This are not far out ideas, this is classical physics. Could it be that we are all a part of a great consciousness, and some are more “tuned” into it than others, explaining similarities in movies and music such as this.

Couple the idea of electromagnetic waves propagating as thoughts with Einstein’s theory of special relativity, and the theories of particle/wave duality developed my many physicists. These waves are made of photons, which travel the speed of light. This means they are subject to the relativistic effects of time dilation and length contraction. So this, thought/wave feels reduced effects of time because it is traveling the speed of light, so they exist for more time. Not only that, the photons become longer, and travel over shorter distances to them (longer to you). According to this theory, some of the same electromagnetic waves produced in 95 by Maynard’s brain made aenima, exist today due to these effects. A little more far out here, but retativistic time dilation has been proven. If you dont believe this is possible, take a modern physics, truth is stranger than fiction.

ps, you inspired to read Jung as well, thanks.