View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 07:35 PM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
it is an interesting theory, but i do not find it very strong. fight club is by far my favorite move, i have the extended 2 disc dvd, and have probablly seen it over 50 times. i could probably ramble off any particular quote to you at any given time - my favorite being (( fuck damnnation man, fuck redemption! if we are god's unwanted children....... so be it!! )) Also, tool is by far my favorite band. (as i am posting on this board.) however most of the comparisons are totally by chance. i believe there is a reason this book / movie and amazing music seem connected however. it is because they think the same. one of fight club's main messages was to throw away your crap earthly posessions and live a simplier life. ( "the things you own end up owning you" ) quoting maynard live in milwaukee "think for yourself, question authority (and yes i know its a timothy leary quote). this is just one example of many i could list for you, if only i had the time. the reason these 2 seem connected is because they are both using more of the brain, thinking just a little differently. and that is why they are spectacular.