View Single Post
Benjees82
06-28-2007, 11:20 AM

My day started pretty stupid. My little brother, who I had been planning on taking to this show for a week, forgot to ask my folks if he could go with me. He had to work the next morning (today) at 6 and since he didn't ask, they said he couldn't go. So, after searching for a replacement for hours, and having no luck, I made the epic journey by myself. I saw someone complain about the drive from Chicago. HAHAHA!!! I drove from southwest Wisconsin, 3 hours give or take each way. Now that's a drive, especially the drive home, fuckin A.

Anyway, when I got to the Sears Centre, I met a couple of cool guys who were also from Wisconsin. They had an extra floor ticket since one of their buddies got stuck in the Charlotte airport. They offered to trade me that extra for my extra seat in section 108 or something like that. I quickly accepted. Having a choice of locations couldn't hurt. We drank beers in the parking lot for about an hour, then made our way in.

Fuckin security found my joints on the way in. I lost my buds in line, but found them on the floor, soon after discovering my seats were junk compared to the floor.

As soon as Jambi started some fuckface slammed into me, spilling his beer all over me and also crushing my cup of beer in the process. This, however, was the only lame event around me all night, except for a couple douchebags talkin during Wings.

Sound was PERFECT where I was at. Maynard's vocals were crisp, in spite of the ear splitting volume on the floor. I didn't realize how fuckin loud it was until I left the arena. My ears are actually still ringing, some 15 or so hours later. But the mix was great where I was, and I don't mind the lack of hearing now, cuz what I heard last night was utter bliss.

"Well, looks like everyone's here.......so... Let's get started." Maynard was very animated all show, dancing around, you could tell he was really into it. He was also VERY appreciative to the crowd near the end of the show when he said, "Thank you VERY VERY VERY VERY, etc. much for not using flash photography tonight." I don't know how many Very's he said, but it was a lot. I was very proud of the crowd at that point. If the crowd was good enough for Maynard, it was good enough for me. Despite being on the floor, I didn't get caught up in a moshpit all night. I honestly didn't even know if there was moshing, I sort of assumed there was some, but I couldn't see any all night amazingly enough.

I was PUMPED we got The Pot. The setlist was identical to the show I saw in Cedar Rapids except for this addition. I am not even slightly disappointed. Everyone has a wishlist for songs they want to hear. If I would get to hear Aenima, I swear I would mess my pants on the spot, but if it doesn't happen, I don't give a shit. Whatever they play will kick the shit out of any other music out there right now.

I'd say this show was as good as the Cedar Rapids show I saw, and that show was incredible. Personally, my experiences were much the same at both shows, minus getting high last night. Great crowd by me both shows. Great sound mix and vocals both shows. Great energy from the band both shows. Incredible drum battle during Lateralus both shows.

Regardless, This Show KICKED ASS!!! I had a great time, and can't wait to do it again one last time on this tour in Milwaukee. Summerfest, here I come!!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

My day started pretty stupid. My little brother, who I had been planning on taking to this show for a week, forgot to ask my folks if he could go with me. He had to work the next morning (today) at 6 and since he didn't ask, they said he couldn't go. So, after searching for a replacement for hours, and having no luck, I made the epic journey by myself. I saw someone complain about the drive from Chicago. HAHAHA!!! I drove from southwest Wisconsin, 3 hours give or take each way. Now that's a drive, especially the drive home, fuckin A.

Anyway, when I got to the Sears Centre, I met a couple of cool guys who were also from Wisconsin. They had an extra floor ticket since one of their buddies got stuck in the Charlotte airport. They offered to trade me that extra for my extra seat in section 108 or something like that. I quickly accepted. Having a choice of locations couldn't hurt. We drank beers in the parking lot for about an hour, then made our way in.

Fuckin security found my joints on the way in. I lost my buds in line, but found them on the floor, soon after discovering my seats were junk compared to the floor.

As soon as Jambi started some fuckface slammed into me, spilling his beer all over me and also crushing my cup of beer in the process. This, however, was the only lame event around me all night, except for a couple douchebags talkin during Wings.

Sound was PERFECT where I was at. Maynard's vocals were crisp, in spite of the ear splitting volume on the floor. I didn't realize how fuckin loud it was until I left the arena. My ears are actually still ringing, some 15 or so hours later. But the mix was great where I was, and I don't mind the lack of hearing now, cuz what I heard last night was utter bliss.

"Well, looks like everyone's here.......so... Let's get started." Maynard was very animated all show, dancing around, you could tell he was really into it. He was also VERY appreciative to the crowd near the end of the show when he said, "Thank you VERY VERY VERY VERY, etc. much for not using flash photography tonight." I don't know how many Very's he said, but it was a lot. I was very proud of the crowd at that point. If the crowd was good enough for Maynard, it was good enough for me. Despite being on the floor, I didn't get caught up in a moshpit all night. I honestly didn't even know if there was moshing, I sort of assumed there was some, but I couldn't see any all night amazingly enough.

I was PUMPED we got The Pot. The setlist was identical to the show I saw in Cedar Rapids except for this addition. I am not even slightly disappointed. Everyone has a wishlist for songs they want to hear. If I would get to hear Aenima, I swear I would mess my pants on the spot, but if it doesn't happen, I don't give a shit. Whatever they play will kick the shit out of any other music out there right now.

I'd say this show was as good as the Cedar Rapids show I saw, and that show was incredible. Personally, my experiences were much the same at both shows, minus getting high last night. Great crowd by me both shows. Great sound mix and vocals both shows. Great energy from the band both shows. Incredible drum battle during Lateralus both shows.

Regardless, This Show KICKED ASS!!! I had a great time, and can't wait to do it again one last time on this tour in Milwaukee. Summerfest, here I come!!