View Single Post
Cycloz's Avatar Cycloz
06-28-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is This A Test? View Post
We watch the slowly forming mass of drunks, stoners, freaks, preps, frat kids, moms, dads, grandpas, and a midget, until suddenly...

Hahaha that's great, the diversity of people at a Tool show never ceases to amaze me. Great write up, and you can add young kids to that list, as I saw a couple that brought their young daughter along which I thought was great. Hope my oldest daughter will come with me on the next tour. I may have actually brought the youngest Tool fan to the show last night, as I brought my pregnant wife. Can't imagine what the baby thought of all that last night!!!

After a bit of reflection (and some much needed sleep) I was gonna post a more detailed follow up review but I feel I would just be echoing Maz's post. Not only was Maynard into the show, he killed it vocally all night (The Pot and Flood especially... and the Stinkfist scream sent chills down my spine). After the show my wife told me that at times she would become mesmerized watching the drummer which I thought was great.

Funny that most of my friends think Tool is so dark and kinda disturbing, yet I just couldn't manage to wipe the huge ass smile off my face after every song last night. One thing is for certain though, everyone should experience a Tool show at least once their life.

Til next week...
Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #34
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is This A Test? View Post
We watch the slowly forming mass of drunks, stoners, freaks, preps, frat kids, moms, dads, grandpas, and a midget, until suddenly...

Hahaha that's great, the diversity of people at a Tool show never ceases to amaze me. Great write up, and you can add young kids to that list, as I saw a couple that brought their young daughter along which I thought was great. Hope my oldest daughter will come with me on the next tour. I may have actually brought the youngest Tool fan to the show last night, as I brought my pregnant wife. Can't imagine what the baby thought of all that last night!!!

After a bit of reflection (and some much needed sleep) I was gonna post a more detailed follow up review but I feel I would just be echoing Maz's post. Not only was Maynard into the show, he killed it vocally all night (The Pot and Flood especially... and the Stinkfist scream sent chills down my spine). After the show my wife told me that at times she would become mesmerized watching the drummer which I thought was great.

Funny that most of my friends think Tool is so dark and kinda disturbing, yet I just couldn't manage to wipe the huge ass smile off my face after every song last night. One thing is for certain though, everyone should experience a Tool show at least once their life.

Til next week...
OFFLINE |