View Single Post
Wildfries's Avatar Wildfries
06-28-2007, 09:41 AM

Big Business was TERRIBLE. I was itching for it to be over. I just couldnt take it after their second song.

Now to the show. One of the best shows I think I've ever seen and Ive seen a big number of shows. The performance was incredible, the sound resonating, and the drugs fucking everyone up in every way possible. The light show was great but didn't get too interesting until near the end with the grid-like thing that they had going. This is my second time at Sears Center since I live so close to it but this venue is truly horrific.

Only real complaints include that one error doing Lateralus (although if I remember correctly, my bud said that the band seemed to just drop that on him on purpose by their facial expressions), the guy that pissed on me and my bud's leg while trying to piss in a cup right before Tool went on and then didn't want to get rid of his damn cup of piss. Getting drenched in God knows what. Despite the fact the pit was hardly full to capacity, the front end always feels the need to ruin the show by pushing all the way forward, so people end up having to move back because of it. lets see, people so high you could tell they were freaking out from the projecters. The first 5 minutes of the show when they still enforced the no smoking rule.

Also got to see one of my old best friends who I hadnt seen in years working there which was at first unpleasant but then pleasant surprise.

Overall, this show was everything I expected and nothing about it was dissapointing whatsoever.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #33
catsup or ketchup?

Bincount™: 7213
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

Big Business was TERRIBLE. I was itching for it to be over. I just couldnt take it after their second song.

Now to the show. One of the best shows I think I've ever seen and Ive seen a big number of shows. The performance was incredible, the sound resonating, and the drugs fucking everyone up in every way possible. The light show was great but didn't get too interesting until near the end with the grid-like thing that they had going. This is my second time at Sears Center since I live so close to it but this venue is truly horrific.

Only real complaints include that one error doing Lateralus (although if I remember correctly, my bud said that the band seemed to just drop that on him on purpose by their facial expressions), the guy that pissed on me and my bud's leg while trying to piss in a cup right before Tool went on and then didn't want to get rid of his damn cup of piss. Getting drenched in God knows what. Despite the fact the pit was hardly full to capacity, the front end always feels the need to ruin the show by pushing all the way forward, so people end up having to move back because of it. lets see, people so high you could tell they were freaking out from the projecters. The first 5 minutes of the show when they still enforced the no smoking rule.

Also got to see one of my old best friends who I hadnt seen in years working there which was at first unpleasant but then pleasant surprise.

Overall, this show was everything I expected and nothing about it was dissapointing whatsoever.
OFFLINE |