View Single Post
bozobuttz
06-28-2007, 09:24 AM

Well I could barely sleep because last night’s show was a mind expanding experience! It was my 5th time seeing Tool here in Chicago, 1st time for my buddy I went with (not a Tool fan), and our first time going to Sears Centre. I wanted to get there when the doors opened at 6:30, but my buddy was running late, so we didn’t get there until after 7pm... Then there was a lot of police/security outside, so we parked in an office building parking lot conveniently across the street so I could smoke my doob. The parking situation was pretty ridiculous. Security guys on the roof were freaking me out! Once we finally got in, we agreed that Sears Centre sucks. We got down to the floor, where security (half-assed) didn’t even check my friend’s ticket. I bet a lot of people got through who shouldn’t have. We chatted with some Phish-type guys who brought the one and only BEACHBALL. Tool went on about 9:15ish. The set list was a nice surprise. Lateralus was worth my $72 ticket alone! My buddy's favorite was Rosetta Stoned. The quality of the concert itself was spectacular. The crowd was more rowdy than I was expecting (ie moshing). Just my luck, a mosh pit formed right by me. In general, there were a lot of douche bags. Oh, and who sings for Tool? Maynard does. Let’s keep it that way you a-holes.
My final thoughts:

Pros:
First time seeing Tool while completely high
LOUDEST CONCERT EVER
Adam played the talkbox perfectly
Dual drumming on Lateralus
Lasers
Guy with crutches body surfing

Cons:
Mad police and security outside
Lack of security inside on the floor
Bathrooms were too small
People singing louder than Maynard
$38 for a T-shirt
Sears Centre blows
My ears are still ringing

On the way out, I counted 6 tour buses and 8 semi trucks. The police wouldn’t let us hang around to see the band afterward. Did anyone get to go backstage, or see the band on their way out? I’d really like to meet TOOL someday...

Last edited by bozobuttz; 06-28-2007 at 12:18 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 09:24 AM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

Well I could barely sleep because last night’s show was a mind expanding experience! It was my 5th time seeing Tool here in Chicago, 1st time for my buddy I went with (not a Tool fan), and our first time going to Sears Centre. I wanted to get there when the doors opened at 6:30, but my buddy was running late, so we didn’t get there until after 7pm... Then there was a lot of police/security outside, so we parked in an office building parking lot conveniently across the street so I could smoke my doob. The parking situation was pretty ridiculous. Security guys on the roof were freaking me out! Once we finally got in, we agreed that Sears Centre sucks. We got down to the floor, where security (half-assed) didn’t even check my friend’s ticket. I bet a lot of people got through who shouldn’t have. We chatted with some Phish-type guys who brought the one and only BEACHBALL. Tool went on about 9:15ish. The set list was a nice surprise. Lateralus was worth my $72 ticket alone! My buddy's favorite was Rosetta Stoned. The quality of the concert itself was spectacular. The crowd was more rowdy than I was expecting (ie moshing). Just my luck, a mosh pit formed right by me. In general, there were a lot of douche bags. Oh, and who sings for Tool? Maynard does. Let’s keep it that way you a-holes.
My final thoughts:

Pros:
First time seeing Tool while completely high
LOUDEST CONCERT EVER
Adam played the talkbox perfectly
Dual drumming on Lateralus
Lasers
Guy with crutches body surfing

Cons:
Mad police and security outside
Lack of security inside on the floor
Bathrooms were too small
People singing louder than Maynard
$38 for a T-shirt
Sears Centre blows
My ears are still ringing

On the way out, I counted 6 tour buses and 8 semi trucks. The police wouldn’t let us hang around to see the band afterward. Did anyone get to go backstage, or see the band on their way out? I’d really like to meet TOOL someday...

Last edited by bozobuttz; 06-28-2007 at 12:18 PM..
OFFLINE |