View Single Post
maxnix
06-28-2007, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottajibboo View Post
This was my second show, my first being Bonnaroo. After being completely blown away at Bonnaroo I thoght I'd get a ticket to this show when I got back home. It took me about three songs into the show to realize that it was exactly the same as what had gone down in Tennessee. Afterwards while filing out of the arena I got to talking with some people that told me that's just the way it is!!! What??? I must state that it is my opinion that a mechanic that can only fix cameros is not that great of a mechanic. Unimpressed.
Have to respectfully disagree, no offense intended . . but this show is a set piece with a beginning, middle and end, with video tied to the emotional impact of the songs. Yeah, some of it can be substituted, but this is hardly a "hey, let's pull out "Bottom" for the kids" kind of performance. People intent on seeing multiple shows have to understand that; they're not going to change the script of a play just because some audience members may have seen it already.

And a mechanic that specializes in classic cars would be considered an artist in my book . . .

Of course, that said, it still would've been nice to hear "Right in Two"
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottajibboo View Post
This was my second show, my first being Bonnaroo. After being completely blown away at Bonnaroo I thoght I'd get a ticket to this show when I got back home. It took me about three songs into the show to realize that it was exactly the same as what had gone down in Tennessee. Afterwards while filing out of the arena I got to talking with some people that told me that's just the way it is!!! What??? I must state that it is my opinion that a mechanic that can only fix cameros is not that great of a mechanic. Unimpressed.
Have to respectfully disagree, no offense intended . . but this show is a set piece with a beginning, middle and end, with video tied to the emotional impact of the songs. Yeah, some of it can be substituted, but this is hardly a "hey, let's pull out "Bottom" for the kids" kind of performance. People intent on seeing multiple shows have to understand that; they're not going to change the script of a play just because some audience members may have seen it already.

And a mechanic that specializes in classic cars would be considered an artist in my book . . .

Of course, that said, it still would've been nice to hear "Right in Two"
OFFLINE |