View Single Post
grafik
06-28-2007, 06:25 AM

ok, i'll post up my $.02

-the venue was really nice. driving all the way out to hoffman estates from chicago was a bit much, but the place was super clean, the staff seemed friendly, and it was easy to get out of the parking lot.

-the opening band didn't do much for me...they played well and didn't sound terrible, but i was there for tool.

-i was in section 115 row 9 and the view was impeccable. i could see all the screens as well as the band.

-like a couple people mentioned, the vocals were really hard to hear on some songs. i took out my earplugs just so i could hear them better and it was still difficult at times. i'm not sure if it was maynard who was singing louder and softer at points or if it was the sound engineer messing with it, but it seemed like during every song the loudness would change.

-i was really glad they played the pot, it was their best performance of the night imo, but i REALLY wanted to hear right in two or pushit rather than flood.

-normally i wouldn't complain about the crowd, but there were some lamers around me. first there were the two drunk girls who couldn't stfu for five minutes while they're playing wings. my wife, who lost her mother at a young age, was shedding some tears cause she was so moved by the song and at the same time other people are yapping about stupid shit at the top of their lungs not even paying attention to the music. luckily my wife didn't notice and was still able to have a really special moment. other than that everyone around me seemed respectful. sure, they were all smoking cigs & weed, and 90% of them barely moved a muscle during the show (some even sat) but that didn't bother me...well maybe the cigs a little.

-i thought overall tool performed well. the most well played songs imo were: the pot, wings/10k (although the vocals were difficult for me to hear at points), and flood (even though it's probably my least favorite song on the set list). once they got going on the lateralus drum solo thing it sounded good, but the first 30 seconds or so were slightly sketchy. i could've done without it though, cause when the song started back up it was a bit awkward and had lost it's flow.

-overall, i had a good time and defiantly got my moneys worth.

Last edited by grafik; 06-28-2007 at 06:31 AM..
Old 06-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/27 - Chicago, IL - Sears Center

ok, i'll post up my $.02

-the venue was really nice. driving all the way out to hoffman estates from chicago was a bit much, but the place was super clean, the staff seemed friendly, and it was easy to get out of the parking lot.

-the opening band didn't do much for me...they played well and didn't sound terrible, but i was there for tool.

-i was in section 115 row 9 and the view was impeccable. i could see all the screens as well as the band.

-like a couple people mentioned, the vocals were really hard to hear on some songs. i took out my earplugs just so i could hear them better and it was still difficult at times. i'm not sure if it was maynard who was singing louder and softer at points or if it was the sound engineer messing with it, but it seemed like during every song the loudness would change.

-i was really glad they played the pot, it was their best performance of the night imo, but i REALLY wanted to hear right in two or pushit rather than flood.

-normally i wouldn't complain about the crowd, but there were some lamers around me. first there were the two drunk girls who couldn't stfu for five minutes while they're playing wings. my wife, who lost her mother at a young age, was shedding some tears cause she was so moved by the song and at the same time other people are yapping about stupid shit at the top of their lungs not even paying attention to the music. luckily my wife didn't notice and was still able to have a really special moment. other than that everyone around me seemed respectful. sure, they were all smoking cigs & weed, and 90% of them barely moved a muscle during the show (some even sat) but that didn't bother me...well maybe the cigs a little.

-i thought overall tool performed well. the most well played songs imo were: the pot, wings/10k (although the vocals were difficult for me to hear at points), and flood (even though it's probably my least favorite song on the set list). once they got going on the lateralus drum solo thing it sounded good, but the first 30 seconds or so were slightly sketchy. i could've done without it though, cause when the song started back up it was a bit awkward and had lost it's flow.

-overall, i had a good time and defiantly got my moneys worth.

Last edited by grafik; 06-28-2007 at 06:31 AM..
OFFLINE |