View Single Post
rll's Avatar rll
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Well I finally made it home after a twelve hour bus ride starting at 12 midnight, one hour train ride and 2 hour car ride. I am exhausted. I bet I looked like a tweeker when I walked into the greyhound station. My heart was still pounding so hard. I probably went through more than 95% of the people to get there and back, and I tell you I have no regrets.

Great show! I have never seen a crowd like that. This Illinois boy gives OKC props for sure.

Kinski was pretty good compared to the reviews I had heard. The first two or three were pretty good. The slow one where the bass player used the bow kind of sucked. But theyre last song with the jethro tull esque flute thing rocked.

Then I heard the crowd get loud. What the fuck are they yelling at I thought. Then I looked to the upper deck to see a maylay goin on. One dude looked like he got his ass beat by a guy and a girl. I think I even saw a second guy hit him. Then one of them took off running from the cops only to get grabbed by probably the biggest guy in the section and returned to the pigs.

Then the lights went down. It got to be kind of a blur after that. So many extensions a tweaks, it was great. EXTENDED STINKFIST! Lost keys with maynards jibberish was cool I dont care what anyone says. Right in two is so great live. Lateralus was a fuckin mazing. Like skillet said I thought they should end it there as well, and then they did. It is such a good closer. and such a positive song.

To those that dont like the setlist thats too bad. Find a new band or break out your cd's to hear the classics. They are touring on the 10000 days cd. The band is at a different place than they were when they were younger. Just look at the setlist, not one negative song, all positive. They are not angry like they once were.

Maynard, is up there having fun, not being bored. Seems like he is in a very good place emotionally right now. Makes me wonder why people say he is washed up, I thought he did great.

Adam played a great gig. Loved the extended lost keys. It seemed at first that he was extending to wait on nard to retake the stage.

Justin was amazing. Loved his bass work on wings.

I could say something about Danny but I dont need to.

Finally, I think that the band wanted to play another song after lat., when they heard the crowd, but danny's drums were already taken apart. I think they really appreciated what we gave them. I only hope the St. Louis crowd is as good.

PS. Did anyone notice that the first lazers, in wings, showed in a vescia piscis(kind of hard to see on that ceiling.)

Last edited by rll; 05-20-2007 at 02:01 PM..
Old 05-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #36
rll
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 105
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

Well I finally made it home after a twelve hour bus ride starting at 12 midnight, one hour train ride and 2 hour car ride. I am exhausted. I bet I looked like a tweeker when I walked into the greyhound station. My heart was still pounding so hard. I probably went through more than 95% of the people to get there and back, and I tell you I have no regrets.

Great show! I have never seen a crowd like that. This Illinois boy gives OKC props for sure.

Kinski was pretty good compared to the reviews I had heard. The first two or three were pretty good. The slow one where the bass player used the bow kind of sucked. But theyre last song with the jethro tull esque flute thing rocked.

Then I heard the crowd get loud. What the fuck are they yelling at I thought. Then I looked to the upper deck to see a maylay goin on. One dude looked like he got his ass beat by a guy and a girl. I think I even saw a second guy hit him. Then one of them took off running from the cops only to get grabbed by probably the biggest guy in the section and returned to the pigs.

Then the lights went down. It got to be kind of a blur after that. So many extensions a tweaks, it was great. EXTENDED STINKFIST! Lost keys with maynards jibberish was cool I dont care what anyone says. Right in two is so great live. Lateralus was a fuckin mazing. Like skillet said I thought they should end it there as well, and then they did. It is such a good closer. and such a positive song.

To those that dont like the setlist thats too bad. Find a new band or break out your cd's to hear the classics. They are touring on the 10000 days cd. The band is at a different place than they were when they were younger. Just look at the setlist, not one negative song, all positive. They are not angry like they once were.

Maynard, is up there having fun, not being bored. Seems like he is in a very good place emotionally right now. Makes me wonder why people say he is washed up, I thought he did great.

Adam played a great gig. Loved the extended lost keys. It seemed at first that he was extending to wait on nard to retake the stage.

Justin was amazing. Loved his bass work on wings.

I could say something about Danny but I dont need to.

Finally, I think that the band wanted to play another song after lat., when they heard the crowd, but danny's drums were already taken apart. I think they really appreciated what we gave them. I only hope the St. Louis crowd is as good.

PS. Did anyone notice that the first lazers, in wings, showed in a vescia piscis(kind of hard to see on that ceiling.)

Last edited by rll; 05-20-2007 at 02:01 PM..
OFFLINE |