View Single Post
Ross
05-20-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbaToast454 View Post
I'll make this short as I'm tired as fuck.

Negatives:
-THE FUCKING idiot drunk people who scream disrespectful things during a song about his dead mother....really classy.
-From where I was (Floor section 2 row B) maynard was hard to hear. In the middle of 10,000 Days he finally switched a knob strapped to his elbow to boost it...much better.
-The fight
-PEOPLE COMPLAINING!

POSITIVES:
-Danny. OMFG! I saw them in Dallas but was farther away, but this time I was just 10 feet from his kit. He put sooo much energy and effort into the extended sections.
-remember these guys are in their 40's, sick of people acting like idiots...they are tired. given all that, they rocked. very tight show.
-bouncing Maynards water bottle into my friends hands.
-When I pulled up to my hotel (Renassance) Adam fuckin' Jones walks right by my car at the valet parking. Its funny no one really noticed him but me and one other guy. I didn't bother Adam as he seemed so chill and was walking to his bus.
-highlights> Wings and Lateralus (with the crazy drum solo). Someones gotta have that.

THANK YOU TOOL! :)
I believe I might of been the guy you are tallking about. My buddy and I were just hanging out wondering who's bus was parked out front. My brother had asked the lady when we checked in if the band was staying at the Renaissance and she said yes. So we were on our way to get some beer and decided to walk out the front door instead of taking the sky bridge and sure enough Adam was walking off the bus. I went up and shook his hand while he was walking into the hotel, he seemed really cool. He didn't stay in the hotel long 3 minutes probably then got back on the bus and went to the Ford Center.

As for the show, had good seats to the left of the stage. Only bad part was could not get a good view of Danny's kit. I thought the show kicked ass, great sound, great energy from the band and crowd. A little pist about not catching Danny's drum stick went right in front of my buddy and I but neither one of us could get a hand on it. The girl in front of us got it. Little disappointed about missing Aenima and Vicarious but still thought the show kicked ass.

Also, I have some video and pics but do not really know where to put them so I can make a link for you all to view. So, if someone could let me know how to post them that would be cool.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #30
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbaToast454 View Post
I'll make this short as I'm tired as fuck.

Negatives:
-THE FUCKING idiot drunk people who scream disrespectful things during a song about his dead mother....really classy.
-From where I was (Floor section 2 row B) maynard was hard to hear. In the middle of 10,000 Days he finally switched a knob strapped to his elbow to boost it...much better.
-The fight
-PEOPLE COMPLAINING!

POSITIVES:
-Danny. OMFG! I saw them in Dallas but was farther away, but this time I was just 10 feet from his kit. He put sooo much energy and effort into the extended sections.
-remember these guys are in their 40's, sick of people acting like idiots...they are tired. given all that, they rocked. very tight show.
-bouncing Maynards water bottle into my friends hands.
-When I pulled up to my hotel (Renassance) Adam fuckin' Jones walks right by my car at the valet parking. Its funny no one really noticed him but me and one other guy. I didn't bother Adam as he seemed so chill and was walking to his bus.
-highlights> Wings and Lateralus (with the crazy drum solo). Someones gotta have that.

THANK YOU TOOL! :)
I believe I might of been the guy you are tallking about. My buddy and I were just hanging out wondering who's bus was parked out front. My brother had asked the lady when we checked in if the band was staying at the Renaissance and she said yes. So we were on our way to get some beer and decided to walk out the front door instead of taking the sky bridge and sure enough Adam was walking off the bus. I went up and shook his hand while he was walking into the hotel, he seemed really cool. He didn't stay in the hotel long 3 minutes probably then got back on the bus and went to the Ford Center.

As for the show, had good seats to the left of the stage. Only bad part was could not get a good view of Danny's kit. I thought the show kicked ass, great sound, great energy from the band and crowd. A little pist about not catching Danny's drum stick went right in front of my buddy and I but neither one of us could get a hand on it. The girl in front of us got it. Little disappointed about missing Aenima and Vicarious but still thought the show kicked ass.

Also, I have some video and pics but do not really know where to put them so I can make a link for you all to view. So, if someone could let me know how to post them that would be cool.
OFFLINE |