View Single Post
hemiola's Avatar hemiola
05-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
At least we know that those are actually the four pictures.
I think this is the important thing here and possibly all that can be gained from this new information. Blair may have simply been saying, in his roundabout way, that those are the 'four individual photos' that pertain to the puzzle; To clear up any debate/confusion over which photos were important, etc.

Assuming the poster we are refering to is in fact the poster he's talking about, I was hoping there would some sort of pattern as to which picture of each stereo set was utilised, hopefully giving creedence to the idea of cutting the pictures in half, etc. (To further support that idea, I have noticed that nearly all of the mandala patterns on the back side of the pictures are perfectly symmetrical, and would yield identical halfs when cut down the middle) From what I can tell from the picture provided is that the images for Danny, Maynard, and Adam are the left picture of the stereo pair, whereas Justin's picture is the right view of his stereo pair.

All of the photos have been cropped, some more heavily than others. For instance, Danny's is most heavily cropped along the left side, whereas the other three are cropped in various ways along the left, right, and top. I assume this was done for aesthetic reasons to best serve the poster layout, but who knows. This may be refering to ideas mentioned by others in other threads about the modified tarot cards on Danny's desk.

On a related note, why can't the puzzle be BOTH a puzzle AND a slick marketing ploy? Can't it be both? I think that the packaging alone, sans puzzle, would be PLENTY to warrant buying the album. I also doubt that they had any sort of sales 'boost' when it was revealed that a puzzle existed, as if there is some community in America, or anywhere, that ran out and bought the album to solve some puzzle started by a band they don't give a shit about.

I'm secretly hoping that the answer will be something great like "Drink more Ovaltine,' but I'm probably alone on that one.

It's nice to see that a dialogue has sprouted up again. If this doesn't get solved or is in fact bullshit, at least we're evolving some ideas.

Have a nice weekend.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #34
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20
Re: Poster to solve the puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
At least we know that those are actually the four pictures.
I think this is the important thing here and possibly all that can be gained from this new information. Blair may have simply been saying, in his roundabout way, that those are the 'four individual photos' that pertain to the puzzle; To clear up any debate/confusion over which photos were important, etc.

Assuming the poster we are refering to is in fact the poster he's talking about, I was hoping there would some sort of pattern as to which picture of each stereo set was utilised, hopefully giving creedence to the idea of cutting the pictures in half, etc. (To further support that idea, I have noticed that nearly all of the mandala patterns on the back side of the pictures are perfectly symmetrical, and would yield identical halfs when cut down the middle) From what I can tell from the picture provided is that the images for Danny, Maynard, and Adam are the left picture of the stereo pair, whereas Justin's picture is the right view of his stereo pair.

All of the photos have been cropped, some more heavily than others. For instance, Danny's is most heavily cropped along the left side, whereas the other three are cropped in various ways along the left, right, and top. I assume this was done for aesthetic reasons to best serve the poster layout, but who knows. This may be refering to ideas mentioned by others in other threads about the modified tarot cards on Danny's desk.

On a related note, why can't the puzzle be BOTH a puzzle AND a slick marketing ploy? Can't it be both? I think that the packaging alone, sans puzzle, would be PLENTY to warrant buying the album. I also doubt that they had any sort of sales 'boost' when it was revealed that a puzzle existed, as if there is some community in America, or anywhere, that ran out and bought the album to solve some puzzle started by a band they don't give a shit about.

I'm secretly hoping that the answer will be something great like "Drink more Ovaltine,' but I'm probably alone on that one.

It's nice to see that a dialogue has sprouted up again. If this doesn't get solved or is in fact bullshit, at least we're evolving some ideas.

Have a nice weekend.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote