View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 09:03 AM   #59
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
I agree very much Paraflux. I would like to add something that I feel fits that song absolutely perfectly:

There's a guy who is a good guy, he loves his family and takes care of them. He's a very faithful and loyal Christian and not only goes to church a lot but also obeys what the Bible says.

He goes to work one day. He's totally minding his own business, just getting his morning coffee, when a terrorist crashes a plane into the building and kills him. He was an innocent man, and he died for some psycho terrorist bullshit.

Now, what does his widow say through her tears at the funeral? You know exactly what: "It's all part of God's Plan."

That is absolutely in-fucking-sane. If God exists, He allowed that innocent man to die for no good reason. The man did nothing to deserve it and his family did nothing to deserve to lose him. Maynard speaks to that widow in Judith. Fuck your God.

All this attributing misfortune to God's Plan bullshit Christians do makes me so mad. I heard so much about God's Plan after Sept. 11 it made we want to puke. (Don't forget the reason the terrorists attacked: Muslims, Jews, and Christians are all bickering and murdering over the same God - yet another great part of his plan)

PS: Maynard wrote those lyrics before Sept. 11. He did a great job of defining an idea, then a situation occurs and people react in a way that fits his idea perfectly. That is a testament to how much of a grip on the nature of humanity Maynard has when he is writing. On the same note, if the Califorinia recall election isn't a circus sideshow of hopeless fucking freaks, I don't know what is. Another good call by Maynard. Recently on Jay Leno, Robert Downey Jr. said "this state needs an enema." That's exactly what MJK has been saying for the past seven years. (You know there's something wrong when Robert Downey Jr (he had many recurring huge drug problems) realizes it)

Last edited by dissonance51765; 10-03-2003 at 09:26 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote