View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #58
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
Re: Eulogy of Jesus Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonance51765
Yeah but he says "Fuck your God, your Lord, your CHRIST. HE did this.... Pray to your CHRIST to your God....never taste of the fruit..."

Judith is about Christianity. The fruit is a reference to the garden of Eden. Yeah, usually Maynard's lyrics are open to alot of interpretation but this is pretty damn clear.

"Fuck you God, your Lord, your Christ": because the next sentence starts with the pronoun "He", it implies grammatically that this sentence is about only one person (three different names for Christ).
While Judith may be about Christianity, its not about Christianity in general, just about what his mother tried to teach him. I feel the same way about my parents. They shoved this God down my throat and up my ass (Even God doesnt feel good up there) and it made me very bitter when I had realizations. Picture Maynard's mom laying on her deathbed, still talking about Jesus and God. Of course Maynard, being a son as well as a singer, feels this way about her ideas. Fuck them. Fuck your God, your "loyal" christ. Where are they now while you are dying? HE did this to you yet you still praise his name. You will never taste of the fruit because you are scared to do anything but talk about it and look at it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote