View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #37
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

My first Tool concert. Well there were alot of highs and lows.

i had decent seats. 202 k 16's. And no one in front of me and a hell of alot of space on either side of me. Great views.

Lets start with Isis. I enjoyed their live stuff. The crowd they did draw was mixed from what i was hearing. They how to play their instruments quite well. I just couldnt understand the singer. But overall i liked em.

As for Tool coming out and breaking into stinkfist. I was blown away. Mind you this is the first time i heard them live. Then the pot came i was like SWEET. Then some jackass threw a water bottle at Maynard. What a fucking prick. I hope the got a few broken bones ,whom ever tossed it.

After the bottle incedent he just didnt have the fire in him anymore. A short setlist was bound to happen after that. He coulda just said "fuck it and i am outa here". Glad he didnt thou. Thanks for sticking in there man!

The show had alot of lazer light beam shit. I wasnt all into that but it had a neat effect. I was hearing during the lateralus tour they had some really neat stage props and stuff. Would have liked to see somthing of that nature. But the lazers were alright. Maybe better visuals behind them? Maybe higher? The visuals that were behind you coulda barely see. And the ones on the side. I am not gonna focus on cause i was there to see the band!

Anyways i am just rambling. Tool fucking rocks out! Thanks for the show.

Glad we did get to hear wings and 10k days.

Hopefully he had some good news at the vinyard. Wonder how many groupies headed out that way :> I was gonna be one of them but decided agaisnt it.

Ciao.
OFFLINE |