View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 07:46 AM   #47
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
Re: Eulogy of Jesus Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca22
"Some things did actually happen??? Are you sure about this? I dont know, it seems that some things might not have happened."

Yes, some things did actually happen, it's called reality, truth. And yes, some things did not actually happen, it's called deception, lies. Alot of our true history is hidden from us by lies and rearranging the truth. Same goes for our current events.

"But I dont know, because I wasnt there. But apparently you were, so you enlighten us all and tell us what color Jesus' hair was. And which hand he used to wipe his ass? Did he shit sugary-crystalled rose petals? No? Are you sure?"

Um, again, this is due to people reading my text the way they want to and adding things that are not there. No I never said I was there. But I'm sure it was fun for you to create your text response, yeah?

"You preach that people take the think for yourself thing too far and then call us all sheep. That makes more sense than anything else I have ever heard. Rock on."

Uh yeah, rock on?!

"Too Lazy to study the past? What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Sure, there is a book thats 2000 years old that some people base their entire lives on, which I have studied cover to cover, is that what you mean?"

um, kind of. Yet the Bible was originally written in hebrew, a language based on numbers. To interperate it in english is modifying it. for example, english version says " In the beggening, god created the heavens and the earth" it actually states something more like "In the beggening, the elohim flew over the waters" but not exactly, I'd have to speak hebrew and you probably would not understand. Also, most of the Old Testement was actually rewritten by the hebrews based on stories taken from an earlier Matriarchael civilization, preistesses, a goddess religion. It was taken and rewritten by the invading male dominating patriarchael society. This is why those studying the ancient hebrew text are discovering more and more references to god as a plural, meaning group of sky deities, and more references of god in a female tense, like goddess in english.

"Because I will still tell you that Maynard is using Christ as an example to get his main point across. If you want to go on thinking its about Jesus, and thats it, fine. It obviously suits your purpose. This thread was not for people to come in and start bashing those who think differently. No one bashed you till now."

Um actually, I've been being bashed, yup. If you look at my other posts such as No Quarter, then, uh, you'll see. But um, yeah okay, Maynard is using Christ as an example, but then what's the point, so do christians who take money from the unfortunant in his name, and so do preists who will molest and rape you while stating his name, and I guess your simply basing your knowledge of Jesus on the Bible, a book of tales. But a picture is worth a thousand words. And unless you believe a picture exists, (or a c.i.a. holographic depiction of the crucifiction ) Then you have to look towards something like archaeology for the truth of the matter. A good place to start would be the Rennes-Le-Chateu.

"For those of you wanting to explore the higher dimensions of this song, by all means continue."
Um, right on?[/QUOTE]

Yes, right on. I was talking to others, obviously.

Ah, yes, reality, truth. Are you aware that nothing escapes change? Not human bodies, not the color of leaves, not truth, not reality. If you will look at the 2nd contest dan has going on you will find that lots of people think perception=reality. Your reality is worlds apart from mine, I can tell that already. The truth changes, rebecca. For eons the "truth" was that the world was flat. People lived their lives based on this truth, their realities were shaped on this truth. People died when they started fucking with this truth. i.e. Galileo. The new truth was that the earth was not flat, and people eventually had to come to terms with this. This is but one example of how the truth changes.

You said you knew Jesus physically existed, and I wondered how you knew. You did not answer my question, and indeed it was fun to make that reply.

Trust me, I know what languages the Bible was written in. And I am aware of the translation problem. Even though you recognize there is a problem, you still take the words literally, it seems. You seem to be against metaphors when Jesus entire life is one big metaphor, an example of our future, an example of what is possible as a human.

I dont care what people do in the name of Jesus, once again you skirt around the real issue. You think Maynard is talking specifically about Christ in this song, thus taking what little references you can find, cross-reference them with other bands' songs (which is totally irresponsible as a listener) and come to the literal conclusion and allow no more room for your personal truth to change. Once again, if thats what you want to do, then fine. You are still an arrogant condescending know-it-all college student. Your abrasive nature will turn people off for as long as you have it. You fouond some other assholes with which to share your time, who "understand" you? Super job!! So keep your little circle of friends and dont make any effort to reach those outside that circle, by any means!! Because you know what, they dont matter! ****

Last edited by paraflux; 09-16-2003 at 07:48 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote