View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 05:44 AM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by Cronos

Overthinking, Over-analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Cronos, that was a great post and I really enjoyed reading it. I think you hit the nail right on the head. I didn't write the original post because I want people to think like I do. THINK FOR YOURSELF, QUESTION AUTHORITY. I just wanted to share the epitomy of an epithany (excuse my spelling) I had when all the planets seemed to line up and I was listening to aenima a lot and watching 'Fight Club' a bunch of times. I honeslty do not think there is any conscious connection at all between MJK & Chuck, excpet for the feelings of how and why the world was wrong and a jungian ideology of how to express it as art. I do belive in a collective unconscious though, that explains how different people from different parts of the world share the same thoughts. But I have one question and I don't know if it's to you or MJK himself: what's exactly so wrong with separating the body from the mind? MJK also said: "this body holding me reminds me of my own mortality, embrace this moment and remember that we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" which tells me that there is a true separation of the body and the true reality. Hicks said (and yes I know it was part of a joke, but all humor has a ring of truth to it) "There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imaginartion of ourselves" St. Paul wrote in the Bible: 'we are not of this earth'. how true. Dr. Wayne Dyer had a similiar quote.. I don't remember it word for word, but he said something to the effect that if oyu weigh a body the moment before and the moment after death it weighs the same. That means that whatever part of us is us is weightless, or more accurately, cannot be measured in earthly bounds. This I feel is absolute proof of another reality, where death is not a wall, but a doorway to another dimension. This theory has helped me out recently with the death of my grandfather. That and something he said on his deathbed in a moment when the pain of the cancer eating away at him was irrelevant and his alzheimer's was either in full effect or non-existant. He looked at everyone wide eyed and beaming a smile greater than any I have ever seen and said "We're all children there!!!" Wouldn't that be wonderful?

in terms of the 'on a long enough timeline the survival rate...' quote from 'Fight Club', I haven't given it much thought but I will say that Aenima seems to have a negative outlook on society as a whole: a 'this world sucks and it's all going down (so let's escape into the world of our third eye) before it all gets flushed down' message to it. lateralus seems to take the next step of the revelation of someone who has opened his third eye and seen the other side. it has the postive message of 'living your life to the fullest while you are here and accepting the pain of this earth as a gift'.. there was a quote I read somewhere where MJK was asked about drugs and he said, you shouldn't use them all the time, you should use them once and then spend the next ten years trying to get to that same place without them. that I feel is the lesson of lateralus. live life while you are here instead of trying to escape. maybe I'm answering my own quesiton...

ah well, spiral out, keep on going