View Single Post
YURAKAPTIV
06-07-2006, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAILS
Deuceman, Well done man.. The only thing that I would change is, in my opinion, Maynard is the only member of the band that has lost his energy. If you listen to Opiate through Aenima, Maynard sings with an incredible amount conviction and intensity. You have to pay attention to what he is saying. It is like the music is coming directly from his soul.

On Lateralus and to a lesser extent 10,000 Days. Maynard does not sound like he is feeling the music. The music is now just being spit out of his mouth.

:)
I think it's you who can't feel the "soul" in Lateralus.I'm completely opposite,I can't stand Undertow,it's so lifeless and generic sounding to me.sounds like many other rock records out there.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #40
On Probation

Bincount™: 54
Re: Go back and listen to early Tool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAILS
Deuceman, Well done man.. The only thing that I would change is, in my opinion, Maynard is the only member of the band that has lost his energy. If you listen to Opiate through Aenima, Maynard sings with an incredible amount conviction and intensity. You have to pay attention to what he is saying. It is like the music is coming directly from his soul.

On Lateralus and to a lesser extent 10,000 Days. Maynard does not sound like he is feeling the music. The music is now just being spit out of his mouth.

:)
I think it's you who can't feel the "soul" in Lateralus.I'm completely opposite,I can't stand Undertow,it's so lifeless and generic sounding to me.sounds like many other rock records out there.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote